Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Advice for a wannabe taper?
#1

I'm going to be going to the Sault Ste. Marie, Barrie and Sudbury shows next week, and I have always wanted to try my hand at taping, but have never made the investment yet. Now, as usual, it's close to show time and I've got the itch again. Unfortunately, I have the feeling that it may be too late.

I don't really know much about the required equipment, but I have the feeling that getting the right mics, a pre-amp, a recording device, etc., would be hard to do in a local shop, just walking in off the street. Am I correct?

Is there a good set-up that I should be able to assemble quickly without waiting for internet orders and delivey? If so, any advice on what to get, and where? I've looked at web sites like taperssection and dathead, not only today, but in the past as well, but I've never put in enough time to really understand the necessary components or their usual availability.

I know there are some good digital video cameras to be had out there as well, and would consider it, but I'm still worried about the audio, and imagine that I would at least need a decent external mic, if nothing else, to make a worthwhile recording. To me it wouldn't seem worth video taping a show like Sault Ste. Marie or Sudbury (since no one else has "signed up" yet in the other thread) without having a good audio source to go along with it.

Thanks for any help...
Reply


Messages In This Thread

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)