01-16-2007, 07:19 PM
NegPhil Wrote:National Public Radio (NPR) is a national non-profit radio network. It is essential news and talk programing for smart people here in the States. I have been considering suggesting a story about The Tragically Hip to the evening drive time program "All things considered". My concern is selling the story on its cultural relevance. I don't think I should use The old "best band you never herd of" angel. The release of World Container on March sixth and the US tour provide a great opportunity for the programs producers access to the band and its fan base. I am hoping some of y'all might be able to help me with the development of a pitch. Any ideas? :roll:
I travel in the States alot. Actually too much. I spend more nights in a hotel room than my own bed. So when I pickup my rental car the first radio station I attempt to tune is NPR. I'd agree the programming offers a detailed insight into the issues. It was acutally NPR where I heard an interview with Neil Young. Shortly before or during the recording of Prairie Wind.
So yeah good idea! Go for it! You might suggest something about why the Hip are such a relevant Canadian band. And why the Hip mean so much to their fans!

