04-06-2006, 11:12 AM
Decisions decisions...bottom line is you've got to look around and take as many as you can out for a "test drive"
I started out with a Yamaha FG 310 and it cost me around $280. For the money, it was a FANTASTIC starter guitar. Unfortunately one cold winter night I left it in the car and when I brought it in the house it had several big cracks on the top that basically ruined the sound.
Having played that one for a few years I felt I deserved an upgrade and I ultimately decided to pick up a Norman acoustic, and I have been very happy with this decision. It is a very solid, Canadian-made guitar that cost me $499. I'm the 4th person that I know to purchase a Norman and we all couldn't be happier with our choices.
Hope that helps.
RG
I started out with a Yamaha FG 310 and it cost me around $280. For the money, it was a FANTASTIC starter guitar. Unfortunately one cold winter night I left it in the car and when I brought it in the house it had several big cracks on the top that basically ruined the sound.
Having played that one for a few years I felt I deserved an upgrade and I ultimately decided to pick up a Norman acoustic, and I have been very happy with this decision. It is a very solid, Canadian-made guitar that cost me $499. I'm the 4th person that I know to purchase a Norman and we all couldn't be happier with our choices.
Hope that helps.
RG

