03-03-2006, 11:47 AM
As one of the most loyal Leaf fans on the board I too pretty much packed it in after Tuesday's shit show....it's so disheartening to see a team that could be good self destruct the way that our Leafs have.
And as far as the Leafs being "sellers" this year leading up to the trade deadline, the guys that we do have up on the block aren't exactly going to be commanding much in the way of return value. Belfour might be the only one to bring something in but as far as Antropov, Domi, Allison, Belak, Czerkowski and others go, I don't think we'll have too many suitors knocking on our door. What I would like to see happen is John Ferguson Jr waiving a bunch of these duds, thus clearing cap space and picking up a few quality, CHARACTER, players.
I have heard from a VERY good source that our Leafs have a serious problem with partying waaaaaaay too much...playing fully hungover is not an uncommon occurance with the Buds...this can only be attributed to some leadership issues...now I'm not knocking Sundin and his much malligned lack of leadership because I really don't know how he is in the locker room, BUT I do think bringing in some character guys might shape this team up in time to make a run for the 7th or 8th spot.
Now that I've got that off my chest, I'm off to the liquor store to get a 40 of Jack Daniels in preparation for tonight's debaucle.
RG
And as far as the Leafs being "sellers" this year leading up to the trade deadline, the guys that we do have up on the block aren't exactly going to be commanding much in the way of return value. Belfour might be the only one to bring something in but as far as Antropov, Domi, Allison, Belak, Czerkowski and others go, I don't think we'll have too many suitors knocking on our door. What I would like to see happen is John Ferguson Jr waiving a bunch of these duds, thus clearing cap space and picking up a few quality, CHARACTER, players.
I have heard from a VERY good source that our Leafs have a serious problem with partying waaaaaaay too much...playing fully hungover is not an uncommon occurance with the Buds...this can only be attributed to some leadership issues...now I'm not knocking Sundin and his much malligned lack of leadership because I really don't know how he is in the locker room, BUT I do think bringing in some character guys might shape this team up in time to make a run for the 7th or 8th spot.
Now that I've got that off my chest, I'm off to the liquor store to get a 40 of Jack Daniels in preparation for tonight's debaucle.
RG

