10-24-2006, 10:57 PM
rocketsan22 Wrote:Some service providers (ie. Cogeco) do not allow for torrent uploading so ratio demands will never be able ot be met. Does anyone kow any other servers hosting these shows? Or, will they be on the ftp?B&P's are always an option.
I will not be putting any DVDs, FLACs or MP3s of the new shows on the FTP site.
Although some service providers do not allow torrent uploading, there are ways around it. Use a good Bit Torrent client and switch on encryption - and you'll be back in business. It will take you a little longer to reach 1.0, but you can do it. Or switch providers; that's what I did. I was with Rogers, but I did so much torrenting and needed all of my bandwidth and connectability that I switched to Sympatico. The cost and speed is nearly identical.
This ratio thing has really got people up in arms; without the ratio system too many people just grab the show they want and run, leaving the generous among us to seed for everyone.
If anyone has a suggestion other than ratio bans to solve this problem, I'm listening and willing to try just about anything.

