11-21-2005, 11:00 AM
nutsac78 Wrote:fingernailsonhull Wrote:Shootouts are okay..just get them going quicker. Instead of flooding the ice, just start it right up. I know they only flood down the centre but it takes 10 minutes. The fans are into it through OT, get it going right away - it will keep the fans excited about it.Actually, they only dry scrape the centre lane to prevent skipping pucks... so i don't think that's an issue
Is it only a dry scrape? I didn't realize that. I understand WHY they do it, I just think that the elapsed time in between end of OT and beginning of SO sucks some of the excitment out of it. That's all.
Jeff
June 21, 2003 Toronto, ON: SkyDome
July 1, 2004 Toronto, ON: Molson Amphitheatre
November 26, 2004 Toronto, ON: Air Canada Centre
June 24, 2006 Toronto, ON: Historic Fort York
May 10, 2007 Indianapolis, IN: The Vogue
July 14, 2011 Edmonton, AB: Northlands Festival Site
June 30, 2012 Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON: The Commons at Butler's Barracks
January 23, 2013 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
July 28, 2016 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place

