Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Neil Peart Makes Reference to the HIP
#6

briansmccabe Wrote:
Flamenco Wrote:He goes on to talk about when Rush asked the HIP to join them on an American/European tour. Indeed, very cool!

To which the Hip said "thanks but no thanks, eh?"

Gord D was once asked if he ever had any regrets looking back on the band's career thus far, and he said "yeah....I wish we'd taken the chance to tour with Rush."

I wish they had too! I would have been introduced to them much earlier than I was.

Incidentally, the only time to my knowledge the two bands ever were on a bill together was Dec 15(?) 1991 at the ol' Maple Leaf Gardens on Rush's Roll The Bones tour.

Yeah,

I heard the same thing. Gord said he was never really a Rush fan and declined. Upon speaking of his regret, he stated that as he matured, his appreciation for Rush grew.

Really, I am the same way. I grew up in a blue collar are of chicago. I used to go this gym where a bunch of o hare baggage handlers used to lift, and they always played Rush. Could not stand them. Now that I am approaching 30, I am totally digging them. Especially after they were on the TPB's (classic episode). Just bought their live DVD in Rio. Awesome!

Mick
Reply


Messages In This Thread

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)