Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Northern Wind?
#5

Well, I can give you a first attempt at the chords. It's in F, but I'm betting they they're tuned down a step so guitar-wise it's G.

Northern Wind (Murray McLaughlan)

The(G) more people* that surround me, the (Em)smaller ©I (G)feel
The (Am)more I ©get dis(G)tracted from the ©things I (Am)think are (D)real
(G)You can't spread your wings* and fly when you're (Em)cut off ©from the (G)sky
I got to ©open up that (G)door now, I ©feel too (D7)civilized.

Oh, (G)out on* the water, watch the ©white pines (G)sway
Take ©off down the (G)lake, sun ©dancing (Am)in the (D)spray
(G)Fly over the black* spruce forest, where the ©tundra line (G)begins
Free and ©cle- (D/A)ean as the northern (G)wind

I feel like I'm part bird, I feel like I'm part man
But all of me's in love with this wind-ripped land
When I'm too big for my britches she cuts me down to size
When I'm broken and I'm hurtin', she brings me back to life.

Oh, out on the water, watch the white pines sway
Take off down the lake, sun dancing in the spray
Fly over the black spruce forest, where the tundra line begins
Free and clean as the northern wind

Oh, out on the water, watch the white pines sway
Take off down the lake, sun dancing in the spray
Fly over the black spruce forest, where the tundra line begins
Free and clean as the northern (Em)wind
Free and ©cle- (D/A)ean as the northern (G)wind

Where I've put *, the bass suggests a chord change in some of the verses. I think a C/G sounds pretty good there, or you could try Am or Am7. Part of the problem is that the guitar may be playing a G straight through (or a C, where I put C Am), but the bass or a second guitar suggests a chord change.
Reply


Messages In This Thread

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)