Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

six feet under
#19

Absolutely the greatest 72 minutes of produced fiction I have ever seen.

I'm trying to think of ways to describe it that aren't cliched... all I know is that I was invested in those characters for five years, and the final episode was like a personal experience.

I kept thinking, as the music swelled and that monatge progressed, that I should really be watching this with someone, with family. When it ended, I wanted to go out and run, I wanted to find love, I wanted to feel good about everything, I wanted to run for office and never fear anything again. That's great art I guess, that's the only way I can explain it. It was inspiring, as transformative as television can get.

I welled up with tears on Sunday night, all the while telling myself that I shouldn't be affected: "it's just a fuckin' TV show." But it really did make me think about my life, my family, my mortality, and my potential.

I just watched the re-broadcast, and was smiling as I welled up with tears again.

Go out of your way to see this episode, and if you've got the time, it'll be all the more powerful if you can check out the previous episodes.

The last five minutes of Six Feet Under are affecting. Use it up. Don't save a thing for later.
Reply


Messages In This Thread

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)