07-07-2005, 09:25 PM
Updated list, all of 'em in one spot. The silly spelling errors, caught thanks to mwfleming, have been corrected... I'm sure there's more:
As of 10:20pm on July 7, only the first two are Northey approved, half the reference windows are up on the site:
Shake It Off (walking with the king of funk)
Here it comes
Getting on the good foot in first class
Up all night, so he fell asleep so fast
Star time through the jetway, now his shoes are off
Head is bobbing on his chest like a baby's does
It's a question of self control
Locked down to the P's and Q's on parole
Buried all that money in the backyard
Now bone dry gas tank, late model car
Shake it off, with the Jimmy Nolen thin sound
Shake it off, vines taking over all around
It's a question of self parole
Cold sweat on the edge of funk next to soul
And the band will play ya for Captain Bligh
Sweet noise and a cape about shoulder high
On the one, our voices raise
On a single chord we rave
Hallelujah we are saved
Shake it off, with the Jimmy Nolen thin sound
Shake it off, vines taking over all around
Shake it off, with the Jimmy Nolen thin sound
Shake it off, vines taking over all around
Hallelujah
Walk'n
On the one, our voices raise
On a single chord we rave
Hallelujah we are saved
Shake it off
Full Flow Angry Boy
A good night for a dark knight, Van Hool it roll
Jim Beam's in the front lounge, and they're tuned down low
It's shaped like a dagger and it's black on black
Asleep down in the flight case by the Marshall stack
Full flow Fu Man Chu, power chord and a full fuck you
FUBAR, red-eyed rock, rooster fan and a fighting cock
New ink on the forearm right down to the wrist
X-box for the road crew and a satellite dish
Fever calls for the cow bell, a cookie monster voice
Spat out in a hail storm onto angry boys
Bad blow roll the car, bring the road to where you are
Hole in ground, hole in ass, miss the brake and hit the gas
Gang vocal with the fist up, into German porn
Peter Band caught fire, warming up for Korn
Hair farmer cashes crop, JD flows to the beats he drops
Red neck dressed in drag, stuffed in lockers, called a fag
Full flow Fu Man Chu, power chord and a full fuck you
Fi-fo Fu Man Chu, power chord and a full fuck you
No One's Watching
Your lips synch slow, there is no song
A nice warm bath and the radio is on
Green screened up into the dark black night
Falling through space in your suit of lights
Splash down lit by a small blue spark
The radio killed the video star
Soft river, hard water
Swim with mermaids, through Piranha
No one's taught her how
The TV's on and nobody's home
The smile is there but you're long gone
Run into the light in a see-through dress
Lens flares out as the extras rest
The AD wraps and the extra crew
For one last scene, the set's closed for you
Soft focus, cold water
You're number one now with an anchor
No one's watching now
I dreamt I was Snow White, only the other way around
You kissed me and put me into a deep sleep
I couldn't come back, couldn't wake up for the life of me
But I didn't wanna wake up
Oh, my sweet prince, finally no one was watching us
The woods were deep and dark
The lions sleep beside her urn
Her mp3's make Limewire burn
Her ballads sung sadly by candle light
The crowds rained out by the second night
All the stuffed animals lie soaking wet
The flowers and the notes and the mess that's left
No one stays now, only drive-by's
Like any wreath laid by the roadside
No one's watching now
Bulletproof White Limo
(Thanks to j-monster for the transcription)
Reference Window
This was the jewel in the crown of the tour
They're tearin' up the seats of pure velour
Hit the wasp nest with the mic
Now there's a riot going on tonight
It's a party-time violent world
You get it started with those certain words
My logo stands for lettin' off steam
Got the bulls all runnin' in that Fox News dream
Movin' quiet, through the riot, long bullet proof white limo
I'm movin' quiet, through the riot, long bullet proof white limo
Street cred is at an all-time high
What you see is what you buy
Tear gas drops in the new perfume
It's not the fight it's how you dress the wound
We did 22 bucks a head
That's better than the Grateful Dead
They picked our stock of swag so clean
As they raged against the old machine... as they raged against the old machine.
Movin' quiet, through the riot, long bullet proof white limo
Down, down... town we go, long beautiful white limo
No future
I rock the boat
I scream swear words
Feels good to have a sore throat
Here I am in the tank cocoon
Shooting out of the Roman ruins
Bad press gets the juicy ratings
More flames, more intoxicating.
Movin' quiet, through the riot, long bullet proof white limo
Down, down, down we go, long beautiful white limo
I'm movin' quiet, through the riot, long bullet proof white limo
Long beautiful white limo
Long bullet proof white limo
Lost Lost Highway
Holiday Inn to Holiday Inn
Two lamps beside the bed
TV slides on the lazy susan
Home fires burning my head
Treadmill dream on this egg shell foam
Sister, mother, daughter, drone
Flat line on the memory channel
Red lights flash on the instrument panel
Nothing has changed since the metre turned over
I could never name the day
Now I know I can never stop
Driving that lost highway
Brain cell test to brain cell test
Two of us bunk in a six beer sleep
Two of us bunk in a six joint reek
Mom cooked eggs in aluminum pans
Memory used to run so deep
Now it runs silent or runs away
Each day films like a Groundhog Day
Nothing has changed since the metre turned over
I could never name the day
Now I know I can never stop
Driving that lost highway
I'm a lake, memory is a fish breaking the surface into sunlight
Down there there's a sunken car
Some fish I wanna catch
Some I don't wanna know where they are
Driving that lost highway
I'm driving that lost highway
Everybody Knows The Words
Like a painting, where the sky's too blue
I'm imitating only the best parts of you
I play you in that light, I sing but I can't write
So I pretend I sang it first and everybody knows the words
I have the haircut and the Chelsea boots
When there's catering, it gets tight in the '64 suit
I behave as you behave in a show you never gave
Chorus, bridge and verse; everybody knows the words
I looked a lot like you, it was easy to play into what came easy to me
So I studied your moves and turned into your ghost
Didn't get far, but I played it left hand
Musician's personals: "bass player has own band"
When I was born your time was through, now it's my generation too
I care so I rehearse, cause everybody knows the words
Everybody knows the melody
And you need it more than me
I love it but it hurts, everybody knows the words
Give Up And Go Away
Tempers flare here everywhere because of nothing I can see
The teller stamps the cancelled cheque and I sink to mediocrity again
Hey, whatta you say? Why don't we give up and go away?
Hey, hey, hey, whatta you say? Why don't we give up and go away?
Fluorescent tubes bleach out this room and sunshine never gets in here
The fear that lay down on my dream has left into the atmosphere
So, hey, whatta you say? Why don't we give up and go away?
Hey, hey, hey, whatta you say? Why don't we give up and go away?
I can only fool myself for so long, let's go while the stove is on
Let's go while there's work to do, let's go just because we want to
I can only fool myself for so long, let's go while the stove is on
Let's go while there's work to do, let's go while everybody thinks we're wrong
So, hey, whatta you say? Why don't we give up and go away?
Hey, hey, hey, whatta you say? Why don't we give up and go away?
Local Bear
Kind bird and a good jam session
Local bear knows what's good to eat
Local bear takes a trip to the lakeshore
Where the rednecks and the hippies all meet
Smell patchouli and a college jazz
Red wine and a lot of sharp knives
Kick'n up past the kicking-horse-pass
Roll the tone out for a mellow good time
Not as smart as the average bear
Picnic baskets around the people down there
Watch the action from a thin Fir tree
Helicopter dances as far as you could see
Let's dance
Tots are playing on the beach below him
Too close for comfort so they call the cops
Safety first for those that don't know him
Pop a cap and see the big bear drop
Mountie, wish you were directing traffic?
Instead of taking down the big black oaf?
Lose-lose with this demographic
You're a killer if you do and you're damned if you don't
Not finished and he rolls and balls
They cry murder and ignore the band
Heavy head to the lake he crawls
And drowns to the sound of Dixieland
Horses and Trains
I picture her hands
So dark here, don't close my eyes
Monoxide, almost asleep
Coal miner kept down too deep
Found this blues harp in my shirt
Lonely note works up through the dirt
Canary, yellow-black
Won't sing, just beating wings
Horses and trains, horses and trains
I hear horses and trains
There's a rail-yard way up there
An open field full of precious air
Too big, too strange
Dark beauty, lost to change
Horses and trains horses and trains
I hear horses and trains
Nothing Can Bring You Back
There's an opening shot of a ghost town where a ghost car crawls the road
Passes by the public pool where the kids learn the dead man's float
Palm tree's covered in an inch of snow and a long, slow, accordion note
Beach front window with a TV glow, down into sleep we go
Nothing I can do can bring you back
Nothing can bring you back
The wind and the leaves over sixty cycle hum, transformer box, big green and dumb
The dawn patrol, the crow spreads south across the lawn in front of the warehouse
Coffee grounds and drywall dust, held down by dew, appear as rust
Trickle slowly on a radiator leak, down the parking lot, to the ditch, to the creek
Nothing I can do can bring you back
Nothing can bring you back
Sweet And Low
(Thanks to Hugh23 for help with the lyrics)
Melvin's voice was there at the start
When they built the Ark
Lambs laid down to his soothing sound
Don't need no microphone
If you swing below the baritone
Saintly sinner, hit on mama over dinner
It's not his suits that got the girls
His velvet pipes, so rich and ripe
Born in the year of the dog
With a stick and a velvet fog
Sweet and low
Forbidden fruit took down the troops
Now there's just one last Temptation
Got honey tone, they're on their knees
He's the King Bee, leaning on the baby grand
In Electric Lady Land
Sweet and low
The apple don't fall too far from the tree
A love supreme, a love supreme
Smooth as silk, like buttermilk
Solid gold foundation
Second to last temptation
Sweet and low
The Radio (Foggy Hill)
I climbed the foggy hill
I'm standing extra still
'Cause that's what fog tells you to do
I know how high I am
You're down four miles in the Trans-Am
Chewing gum, I can't see you
But you always chew gum, so I know what you're doin'
I pretend I'm lost, 'cause I can't see three feet ahead
I know everything, oh yes, I'm pretty good with a pretty good guess
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na goes the radio
Through the T-top; out of the stereo
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na goes the Adams tune
You're where we parked the car
Right down where the fog starts
I got out and walked, I had to get to the top
You're not the walking type
I let you do what you like
It's a small town and I need this hill to make things bigger
I pretend I'm lost, 'cause I can't see three feet ahead
I know everywhere, I guess I'm pretty good with a pretty good guess
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na goes the radio
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na some kind of Coolio
Through the T-top; out of the stereo
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na like a comfort food
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na my dad's Wilson Picket tune
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na goes the radio
Wave After Wave (The Glowing Boat Companion)
Troubadours cut loose to float
Star spangled in their glowing boat
The sail's down, the rudder's broken
The "told ya so's" remain unspoken
See the Portuguese man-o-war,
Haven't touched it but I'm already sore
Burgundy in the turquoise foam
Always feel so far from home
Wave after wave
Sun burnt but we're past the sting
Together tuning out our suffering
In the same boat singing the slave song
Becomes the metaphor for getting along
In battle stations I have your back
My gaffer's ready when the sharks attack
Life and death is a simple struggle
Staying civil while the work is doubling
Wave after wave
There will be no rescue ship
The dark horizon will pitch and dip
The last ounce of respect we save
'Cause we'll be hit with another wave
Wave after wave
* All songs written by Rob Baker and Craig Northey, except "Sweet 'N Low:" Baker/Sinclair/Northey, and "Give Up And Go Away:" Baker/Foley/Northey. Copyright 2005 Bhaji Maker Inc.
As of 10:20pm on July 7, only the first two are Northey approved, half the reference windows are up on the site:
Shake It Off (walking with the king of funk)
Here it comes
Getting on the good foot in first class
Up all night, so he fell asleep so fast
Star time through the jetway, now his shoes are off
Head is bobbing on his chest like a baby's does
It's a question of self control
Locked down to the P's and Q's on parole
Buried all that money in the backyard
Now bone dry gas tank, late model car
Shake it off, with the Jimmy Nolen thin sound
Shake it off, vines taking over all around
It's a question of self parole
Cold sweat on the edge of funk next to soul
And the band will play ya for Captain Bligh
Sweet noise and a cape about shoulder high
On the one, our voices raise
On a single chord we rave
Hallelujah we are saved
Shake it off, with the Jimmy Nolen thin sound
Shake it off, vines taking over all around
Shake it off, with the Jimmy Nolen thin sound
Shake it off, vines taking over all around
Hallelujah
Walk'n
On the one, our voices raise
On a single chord we rave
Hallelujah we are saved
Shake it off
Full Flow Angry Boy
A good night for a dark knight, Van Hool it roll
Jim Beam's in the front lounge, and they're tuned down low
It's shaped like a dagger and it's black on black
Asleep down in the flight case by the Marshall stack
Full flow Fu Man Chu, power chord and a full fuck you
FUBAR, red-eyed rock, rooster fan and a fighting cock
New ink on the forearm right down to the wrist
X-box for the road crew and a satellite dish
Fever calls for the cow bell, a cookie monster voice
Spat out in a hail storm onto angry boys
Bad blow roll the car, bring the road to where you are
Hole in ground, hole in ass, miss the brake and hit the gas
Gang vocal with the fist up, into German porn
Peter Band caught fire, warming up for Korn
Hair farmer cashes crop, JD flows to the beats he drops
Red neck dressed in drag, stuffed in lockers, called a fag
Full flow Fu Man Chu, power chord and a full fuck you
Fi-fo Fu Man Chu, power chord and a full fuck you
No One's Watching
Your lips synch slow, there is no song
A nice warm bath and the radio is on
Green screened up into the dark black night
Falling through space in your suit of lights
Splash down lit by a small blue spark
The radio killed the video star
Soft river, hard water
Swim with mermaids, through Piranha
No one's taught her how
The TV's on and nobody's home
The smile is there but you're long gone
Run into the light in a see-through dress
Lens flares out as the extras rest
The AD wraps and the extra crew
For one last scene, the set's closed for you
Soft focus, cold water
You're number one now with an anchor
No one's watching now
I dreamt I was Snow White, only the other way around
You kissed me and put me into a deep sleep
I couldn't come back, couldn't wake up for the life of me
But I didn't wanna wake up
Oh, my sweet prince, finally no one was watching us
The woods were deep and dark
The lions sleep beside her urn
Her mp3's make Limewire burn
Her ballads sung sadly by candle light
The crowds rained out by the second night
All the stuffed animals lie soaking wet
The flowers and the notes and the mess that's left
No one stays now, only drive-by's
Like any wreath laid by the roadside
No one's watching now
Bulletproof White Limo
(Thanks to j-monster for the transcription)
Reference Window
This was the jewel in the crown of the tour
They're tearin' up the seats of pure velour
Hit the wasp nest with the mic
Now there's a riot going on tonight
It's a party-time violent world
You get it started with those certain words
My logo stands for lettin' off steam
Got the bulls all runnin' in that Fox News dream
Movin' quiet, through the riot, long bullet proof white limo
I'm movin' quiet, through the riot, long bullet proof white limo
Street cred is at an all-time high
What you see is what you buy
Tear gas drops in the new perfume
It's not the fight it's how you dress the wound
We did 22 bucks a head
That's better than the Grateful Dead
They picked our stock of swag so clean
As they raged against the old machine... as they raged against the old machine.
Movin' quiet, through the riot, long bullet proof white limo
Down, down... town we go, long beautiful white limo
No future
I rock the boat
I scream swear words
Feels good to have a sore throat
Here I am in the tank cocoon
Shooting out of the Roman ruins
Bad press gets the juicy ratings
More flames, more intoxicating.
Movin' quiet, through the riot, long bullet proof white limo
Down, down, down we go, long beautiful white limo
I'm movin' quiet, through the riot, long bullet proof white limo
Long beautiful white limo
Long bullet proof white limo
Lost Lost Highway
Holiday Inn to Holiday Inn
Two lamps beside the bed
TV slides on the lazy susan
Home fires burning my head
Treadmill dream on this egg shell foam
Sister, mother, daughter, drone
Flat line on the memory channel
Red lights flash on the instrument panel
Nothing has changed since the metre turned over
I could never name the day
Now I know I can never stop
Driving that lost highway
Brain cell test to brain cell test
Two of us bunk in a six beer sleep
Two of us bunk in a six joint reek
Mom cooked eggs in aluminum pans
Memory used to run so deep
Now it runs silent or runs away
Each day films like a Groundhog Day
Nothing has changed since the metre turned over
I could never name the day
Now I know I can never stop
Driving that lost highway
I'm a lake, memory is a fish breaking the surface into sunlight
Down there there's a sunken car
Some fish I wanna catch
Some I don't wanna know where they are
Driving that lost highway
I'm driving that lost highway
Everybody Knows The Words
Like a painting, where the sky's too blue
I'm imitating only the best parts of you
I play you in that light, I sing but I can't write
So I pretend I sang it first and everybody knows the words
I have the haircut and the Chelsea boots
When there's catering, it gets tight in the '64 suit
I behave as you behave in a show you never gave
Chorus, bridge and verse; everybody knows the words
I looked a lot like you, it was easy to play into what came easy to me
So I studied your moves and turned into your ghost
Didn't get far, but I played it left hand
Musician's personals: "bass player has own band"
When I was born your time was through, now it's my generation too
I care so I rehearse, cause everybody knows the words
Everybody knows the melody
And you need it more than me
I love it but it hurts, everybody knows the words
Give Up And Go Away
Tempers flare here everywhere because of nothing I can see
The teller stamps the cancelled cheque and I sink to mediocrity again
Hey, whatta you say? Why don't we give up and go away?
Hey, hey, hey, whatta you say? Why don't we give up and go away?
Fluorescent tubes bleach out this room and sunshine never gets in here
The fear that lay down on my dream has left into the atmosphere
So, hey, whatta you say? Why don't we give up and go away?
Hey, hey, hey, whatta you say? Why don't we give up and go away?
I can only fool myself for so long, let's go while the stove is on
Let's go while there's work to do, let's go just because we want to
I can only fool myself for so long, let's go while the stove is on
Let's go while there's work to do, let's go while everybody thinks we're wrong
So, hey, whatta you say? Why don't we give up and go away?
Hey, hey, hey, whatta you say? Why don't we give up and go away?
Local Bear
Kind bird and a good jam session
Local bear knows what's good to eat
Local bear takes a trip to the lakeshore
Where the rednecks and the hippies all meet
Smell patchouli and a college jazz
Red wine and a lot of sharp knives
Kick'n up past the kicking-horse-pass
Roll the tone out for a mellow good time
Not as smart as the average bear
Picnic baskets around the people down there
Watch the action from a thin Fir tree
Helicopter dances as far as you could see
Let's dance
Tots are playing on the beach below him
Too close for comfort so they call the cops
Safety first for those that don't know him
Pop a cap and see the big bear drop
Mountie, wish you were directing traffic?
Instead of taking down the big black oaf?
Lose-lose with this demographic
You're a killer if you do and you're damned if you don't
Not finished and he rolls and balls
They cry murder and ignore the band
Heavy head to the lake he crawls
And drowns to the sound of Dixieland
Horses and Trains
I picture her hands
So dark here, don't close my eyes
Monoxide, almost asleep
Coal miner kept down too deep
Found this blues harp in my shirt
Lonely note works up through the dirt
Canary, yellow-black
Won't sing, just beating wings
Horses and trains, horses and trains
I hear horses and trains
There's a rail-yard way up there
An open field full of precious air
Too big, too strange
Dark beauty, lost to change
Horses and trains horses and trains
I hear horses and trains
Nothing Can Bring You Back
There's an opening shot of a ghost town where a ghost car crawls the road
Passes by the public pool where the kids learn the dead man's float
Palm tree's covered in an inch of snow and a long, slow, accordion note
Beach front window with a TV glow, down into sleep we go
Nothing I can do can bring you back
Nothing can bring you back
The wind and the leaves over sixty cycle hum, transformer box, big green and dumb
The dawn patrol, the crow spreads south across the lawn in front of the warehouse
Coffee grounds and drywall dust, held down by dew, appear as rust
Trickle slowly on a radiator leak, down the parking lot, to the ditch, to the creek
Nothing I can do can bring you back
Nothing can bring you back
Sweet And Low
(Thanks to Hugh23 for help with the lyrics)
Melvin's voice was there at the start
When they built the Ark
Lambs laid down to his soothing sound
Don't need no microphone
If you swing below the baritone
Saintly sinner, hit on mama over dinner
It's not his suits that got the girls
His velvet pipes, so rich and ripe
Born in the year of the dog
With a stick and a velvet fog
Sweet and low
Forbidden fruit took down the troops
Now there's just one last Temptation
Got honey tone, they're on their knees
He's the King Bee, leaning on the baby grand
In Electric Lady Land
Sweet and low
The apple don't fall too far from the tree
A love supreme, a love supreme
Smooth as silk, like buttermilk
Solid gold foundation
Second to last temptation
Sweet and low
The Radio (Foggy Hill)
I climbed the foggy hill
I'm standing extra still
'Cause that's what fog tells you to do
I know how high I am
You're down four miles in the Trans-Am
Chewing gum, I can't see you
But you always chew gum, so I know what you're doin'
I pretend I'm lost, 'cause I can't see three feet ahead
I know everything, oh yes, I'm pretty good with a pretty good guess
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na goes the radio
Through the T-top; out of the stereo
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na goes the Adams tune
You're where we parked the car
Right down where the fog starts
I got out and walked, I had to get to the top
You're not the walking type
I let you do what you like
It's a small town and I need this hill to make things bigger
I pretend I'm lost, 'cause I can't see three feet ahead
I know everywhere, I guess I'm pretty good with a pretty good guess
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na goes the radio
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na some kind of Coolio
Through the T-top; out of the stereo
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na like a comfort food
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na my dad's Wilson Picket tune
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na goes the radio
Wave After Wave (The Glowing Boat Companion)
Troubadours cut loose to float
Star spangled in their glowing boat
The sail's down, the rudder's broken
The "told ya so's" remain unspoken
See the Portuguese man-o-war,
Haven't touched it but I'm already sore
Burgundy in the turquoise foam
Always feel so far from home
Wave after wave
Sun burnt but we're past the sting
Together tuning out our suffering
In the same boat singing the slave song
Becomes the metaphor for getting along
In battle stations I have your back
My gaffer's ready when the sharks attack
Life and death is a simple struggle
Staying civil while the work is doubling
Wave after wave
There will be no rescue ship
The dark horizon will pitch and dip
The last ounce of respect we save
'Cause we'll be hit with another wave
Wave after wave
* All songs written by Rob Baker and Craig Northey, except "Sweet 'N Low:" Baker/Sinclair/Northey, and "Give Up And Go Away:" Baker/Foley/Northey. Copyright 2005 Bhaji Maker Inc.

