03-07-2005, 12:20 PM
Stephen Dame Wrote:I was lucky enough to be down there yesterday when Hayward took that photo, (I thought the half-masted flag was kinda a poor choice... but he's the man and I'm just a chump, so flag it was) and I'll tell you this: I'm 24 and in decent shape, but when I'm standing next to that 40 year old, there is NO DOUBT who you want in net. He may be old, but he's built somethin fierce, he says he feels fantastic and he looks it.
BTW, the CBC is calling it a retirement "threat" and playing up his frustration, and I think that anger is a good thing, he wants to play. He's gnawing at the bit to get the chance to prove his critics wrong. I really hope he gets a shot next year.
If not, plan B is Spezza's lil brother with the 67's, I've seen that kid stand on his head a few times, and the Binghampton goalie is among the best in the A. So our prospects aint all that bad... but there's only one Dominator.
*edit* Huh, whattya know, there doesn't seem to be a lot of support for him on that TSN website.
OK...here I go.
First of all I have to start by saying that I live in Ottawa (and love every second of it), I worked for the Sens (that was fun too).....but I must say that I hate them with a passion..I am a die hard leaf fan.
Nothing makes me happier than seeing the Sens get crapped on year in year out by the Buds when the chips are on the table. Then they go and make a move for Hasek the Geriatric dinosaur who hasn't laced up the pads in over 2 years...soon to be 3. I was loving life when I heard they made that move. Trust me Sens fans, you don't want him to come back...his groin is being held together with dental floss and he's got an attitude beyond control. Last time he was in the news for playing hockey it was when he was in court for going postal on some poor bastard in a Czech Republic pick up game...nice!!
Secondly, Spezza's brother may be a good goalie some day, but he isn't anywhere near ready yet, nor do I think he's even drafted....did you know that both he and Mike Fisher's brother Greg played goal on the same Junior "A" team in Lindsay, And as far as Ray Emery being among the best goalie in the AHL...me thinks not. Nor is Martin Prusek the be all and end all of back up keepers. I'd be hitting the free agent pool once again for another tender if I was ol' Muckler.
The only good thing about all of this is that Spezza will get to have his old number 39 back again...and for the record I do think he is a hell of a player.
Goulet!!!


