12-28-2004, 08:15 PM
My ex in Oregon loved Eva Cassidy-type soft and melancholy female singer-songwriter crap. Now, some of it's OK taken by itself, but she listened to this weepy, wimpy stuff for HOURS a day. Painful as it gets.
Urban Hymns is one of my favourite albums. I could never get into any other Verve stuff...I heard Northern Soul and another one, but it just wasn't the same. I don't mean I wanted it to be the SAME, but the feel just wasn't there. They were more into experimentation with the first albums, and I feel like on Hymns they let the pretentions go out the window and let the emotions speak for themselves. Truly a masterpiece.
Urban Hymns is one of my favourite albums. I could never get into any other Verve stuff...I heard Northern Soul and another one, but it just wasn't the same. I don't mean I wanted it to be the SAME, but the feel just wasn't there. They were more into experimentation with the first albums, and I feel like on Hymns they let the pretentions go out the window and let the emotions speak for themselves. Truly a masterpiece.

