12-28-2004, 01:51 PM
cferneyh Wrote:I like coldplay, but not every day. I feel pain for your buddy, that new Elton John is god-awful stuff, hey it could be worse, what if she loved Hanson, oh my.. (running to puke in toilet). :lol:LizardKing51 Wrote:you and your wife dont like much of the same music cferneyh? My wife loves the Hip and most of my favorites, but she also has "her" music which I cant stand but are forced to listen to on occasion, ie: stuff like Kenny G(shudder), Celine Dion, Dido, Sarah McLachlan(not bad), Shania Twain, Seal and so on and so on....Im just glad she hates boy bands and Britney type stuff, I dont think we'd be together if she did, lol. Thanks for the Ashcroft tip, I was pretty sure he had done a second album and that it sucked really bad. :thumb:
Its not that our taste in music is that different, but the degree to which we like certain artists is very different. I play about 75% Hip and 25% other stuff, but she'd prefer it to be 75% Coldplay and 25% other stuff. So I'll get tired of her faves quite quickly and vice versa. But Urban Hymns was one of those CDs that we could both listen to over and over again.
I've got a buddy with a wife who LOVES Elton John (shudder). And not older and OK Elton John, but newer and downright awful Elton John. I'd be in tears everyday if my wife had that taste in music. I do believe that in most provinces that is grounds for divorce.
Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”

