Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

New show at the HipTracker available!
#28

Thanks, James. It finished in about 2:00.


joshwayy Wrote:...Also, I had no plan to get so into this downloading thing, so I have bits and pieces of sets and no organization skills to speak of...I need a organizing boots for dummies book for x-mas!

Rory & Chris...you guys are Awesome!

My PC's barely a year old and I just added a second external drive to keep up with all the awesome shows being shared and leave me room to burn discs & do other stuff.

To keep things organized, I set up one external drive strictly for downloads. Then I set up separate folders for Hip audio and Hip video. To keep track of the shows, I don't use default "save" locations, opting instead to do a "save as" every time I download a torrent, in the appropriate A or V folder. When I open the torrent, I create a new folder with the actual torrent name. When I've exceeded the 1:1 share ratio and there are no active uploads, I move the torrent file into the folder with the downloaded files.

Since people have been using Chris's suggested "naming" format, it's fairly easy to find everyting later. That's the "Cliff's Notes" version of Organizing Boots for Dummies.

If it makes sense, you can ask Santa for Dave Bidini's On a Cold Road : Tales of Adventure in Canadian Rock instead.

Rock on! :thumb:

~Scott

1995-04-07 Toledo | 1996-06-29 Toledo | 1996-11-23 Detroit | 1998-08-22 Toledo | 1999-02-12 Auburn Hills |
1999-05-05 Grand Rapids | 1999-07-31 Clarkston | 1999-12-31 Toronto | 2000-01-01 Toronto |
2000-06-14 Pontiac | 2000-07-15 Clarkston | 2000-12-02 Detroit | 2002-08-31 Clarkston |
2004-09-18 Detroit | 2007-04-12 Detroit | 2009-05-29 Detroit | 2012-11-28 Detroit | 2016-08-08 London | 2016-08-16 Hamilton
Reply


Messages In This Thread

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)