Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

DVD Newbie seeking answers
#3

Billy Wrote:
kgray Wrote:I've been downloading torrents of audio for a while, yet I've hesitated to download DVDs of video boots.

I'm not sure what exactly I need to view these. If I don't have a DVD burner, is there a viewer that can play these on my PC? Alternatively, can they be burned to a VCD and played on my DVD player?

Thanks,
Kevin

I use WinDVD and/or PowerDVD...both will play the files individually, i.e. you can't access the main menu and pick the menu options. But, there are a few here who claim you can, Chris being one of them.

Check this out and maybe PM someone there who knows how to view them properly.

http://www.hipbase.com/forum/viewtopic.p...6134#56134
Hey Billy, I "claim" it works, because it does. I've used PowerDVD and it worked fine. Just choose to open/play the VIDEO_TS folder instead of the individual .vob files. All the functionality of the DVD is there, without the actual DVD.

Same thing holds true on my Mac, except I use the oh-so-cleverly named, "DVD Player" to do it. Under the file menu, as per the following picture, just choose, 'Open VIDEO_TS folder':

[Image: dvd.gif]
Reply


Messages In This Thread

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)