11-19-2004, 08:43 PM
Seeing Stan on Mark's list reminded me I would have to make up a whole new list for East Coast greats...
1) Stan Rogers (especially Home In Halifax...that version of 45 Years sends a shiver down my spine)
2) Charlie A'Court (brilliant young bluesman)
3) Natalie MacMaster (In My Hands is a beautiful album)
4) Jimmy Rankin (who I absolutely can't say enough good things about. He gets lost in the shuffle because he was around for 15 years with The Rankin Family, but both of his solo albums are folk-pop perfection
5) Carson Downey (great live electric blues)
1) Stan Rogers (especially Home In Halifax...that version of 45 Years sends a shiver down my spine)
2) Charlie A'Court (brilliant young bluesman)
3) Natalie MacMaster (In My Hands is a beautiful album)
4) Jimmy Rankin (who I absolutely can't say enough good things about. He gets lost in the shuffle because he was around for 15 years with The Rankin Family, but both of his solo albums are folk-pop perfection
5) Carson Downey (great live electric blues)

