Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

2004-09-28 - Atlanta, GA - Variety Playhouse
#8

I didn't know this site existed and was looking for a place to find a "news" review of the show.. Barring that this is fantastic..

Myself and my wife were there...

We brought a full size Canadian Flag (3 ft by 5 ft) that normally hangs in my office, so if anyone saw it draped across a few seats in the 3rd row during intermission or held up while the Hip was onstage, HI!

This was my first Hip show, and I really appreciated getting to see them in a small venue in a small group of people.. It really made the show intimate..

Highlight of the night was certainly Courage...

Wish they had played 38 years old.. But the other "oldies" they played were certainly great... I had never heard the stuff from 2000-2002 but loved Music @ work and have just ordered the CD...

I agree with the earlier comments about the crowd being hot, and partisan.. I met more Canadians, or Americans married to Canadians than I thought lived in Atlanta...

I took a couple of pics of the guys but being we were in the seats (about 30 feet away), they didn't turn out great.. I did get a nice pic of me holding the flag in front of the Variety Playhouse Sign and a picture of a guy from Halifax wearing an autographed Stompin' Tom T-Shirt.. I'll post links to these later..

My other high-light was seeing a guy with a Leafs Jersey signed by OLP..

Anyway, nice to see Atlanta represent, and I hope I get to see the guys again..
Reply


Messages In This Thread

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)