Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Toll Booth Willy
#5

opiated Wrote:six seconds if i'm lucky...but i still don't agree with the comparison...carlin is still going, and his older stuff is still relevant...i can't see people looking back on little nicky very fondly....

Nor can I see people looking back on Carlin's film work very fondly.

However, if you just take their initial albums and consider the impact on the youth of that time and in that era (Not everybody liked it, but where I grew up: everybody knew it) then the comaprison fits.

Legacy is for history to judge, but during their time: "Ten words..." and much of Sandler's "There all gunna laugh at you" occupied the same spot as sophmoric king of the party scene.

We see Carlin different now, we might see Adam the same way soon... although like I said, probably with a little less reverence.
Reply


Messages In This Thread

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)