09-26-2004, 05:02 PM
Bob Dylan, Mark Knopfler, The Hip...I was on such a roll. All of my favourite artists were releasing albums among the bets of their careers after some miscues...I was SO hoping R.E.M. would be another for the list. So disappointed.
I have listened to the album half a dozen times through (I have 12 hours alone overnight at "work"!) and I hear a couple more potentially good songs under that atrocious, apalling production...but I could never like this album. It's like they consciously decided to make a techno-y album that would be popular with Japanese video game addicts.
I have listened to the album half a dozen times through (I have 12 hours alone overnight at "work"!) and I hear a couple more potentially good songs under that atrocious, apalling production...but I could never like this album. It's like they consciously decided to make a techno-y album that would be popular with Japanese video game addicts.

