09-24-2004, 10:13 AM
Well, I am not the most accomplished musician in the world. But, I have a sufficient knowledge of musical theory. I played guitar for a while, but am now an accomplished drummer. Johnny Fay is not the most skilled drummer in the world. He is sufficient for the Hip's straightforward rock stylings. I love the Hip and I love Johnny, but as far as the drumming goes on the new album, he is not really pushing any limits as compared to previous Hip albums. The only exception I would give is Heaven Is A Better Place Today. There are several more complicated fills and off-beat crashes than Johnny would normally do. Not that it is anything fantastic, just out of the ordinary. Regardless, HIP ROCK!!! Hope this helps a little.
Jeff
Jeff
Jeff
June 21, 2003 Toronto, ON: SkyDome
July 1, 2004 Toronto, ON: Molson Amphitheatre
November 26, 2004 Toronto, ON: Air Canada Centre
June 24, 2006 Toronto, ON: Historic Fort York
May 10, 2007 Indianapolis, IN: The Vogue
July 14, 2011 Edmonton, AB: Northlands Festival Site
June 30, 2012 Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON: The Commons at Butler's Barracks
January 23, 2013 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
July 28, 2016 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place

