Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

CNN Article
#7

cferneyh Wrote:(1) There are just under 11 million households in Canada ("1 in 6 canadian household's own a tragically hip album"), so it is more like 1.8 million albums sold.

Damn-it! That's a major figure in the calculations! I can't believe I missed that...

cferneyh Wrote:(2) Don't forget about the record company's share of that $20 per album sold. I've got no idea what that would be but I'm guessing it's probably somewhere between 60% and 75%.

I knew that one though... I actually heard somewhere that artists get even less than the 25% to 40% you've mentioned... something impossible like 10%-15%...

I was just playing with it. Not exactly seriously. I wonder if someone could actually have patience to figure out how much they make. You'd need to figure in all sorts of stuff I guess. There's be no way of knowing a definite number... My take on it is utter bullshit; I didn't figure in how much they've spent (cost of living) from 1987 to 1999.... and they probably increased in income over the years (they probably made more in 99 than they made in 89, etc).
Reply


Messages In This Thread

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)