Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

CNN Article
#5

lord brazle Wrote:So if the population of Canada in 1999 was 30,491,300...
Then that would be a total of 5,081,883 albums...

~Enter Unneccessary Calculations~

At approx. 20 bucks an album, that's $101,637,660...
Divide that by the 13 years they had been on the scene...
That would leave abouts $7,818,281 per year....
Then divided by five for each band member....
That means they each had made roughly $1,563,656.20 per year....

~End~

Don't even ask why I felt it neccessary to estimate the Hip's income, especially in such a rough manner...
If I made 1.5 million a year, I'd be brain-dead in the first six months...
So would everybody within a five-mile radius....

Big Grin

I like the theory behind your math, but a couple of problems:

(1) There are just under 11 million households in Canada ("1 in 6 canadian household's own a tragically hip album"), so it is more like 1.8 million albums sold.
(2) Don't forget about the record company's share of that $20 per album sold. I've got no idea what that would be but I'm guessing it's probably somewhere between 60% and 75%.
Reply


Messages In This Thread

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)