Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Coaster Tycoon and why I hate strip joints.
#17

BulletRiddled Wrote:
Kim Wrote:Was she looking at you as you walked by? :lol: Kinda eery no?
I was surprised by how tiny the painting actually is although maybe it just seemed that way from 10 meters distance - couldn't really get any closer due to the hord of tourists crowding the area.

I was there in Nov 2003 - isn't the Louvre one of the most amazing museums? It completely blew me away.

Yeah, I had no idea I'd enjoy the Louvre that much. I've never been lost in a museum before, but at least there's lots to look at while you're trying to get yourself oriented. Seeing the Mona Lisa was really, really cool, although I still can't figure out why it's so famous - it was weird to see one Da Vinci recieving so much attention, and another Da Vinci recieving none. Some other great paintings, like the famous one of Louis XIV, had no one around, yet people were trampeling each other to get a picture of the Venus de Milo. My favorite area, the Messopotamian sculptures and writings, were so empty I was usually the only person in the room.

Yeah I still have the map they were handing out at the museum at the time and the place is huge. I spent a whole day there and I still feel like I only saw a portion of what was on offer.
The Messopotamian area was definitely cool, so much to see and learn. I'm also a big fan of the sculptures, not necessarily the Venus de Milo though, I saw many there that were much more beautiful than the Venus de Milo in my opinion. You do the touristy thing and walk around with the headphones stuck to your head? :lol:
Reply


Messages In This Thread

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)