Poll: So if the title of the thread didn't confuse you enough... aside from the EP and Live Between Us, which Hip album do you like the least? - You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Up to Here
0%
0
0%
Road Apples
0%
0
0%
Fully Completely
0%
0
0%
Day for Night
0%
0
0%
Trouble at the Hen House
0%
0
0%
Phantom Power
0%
0
0%
Music @ Work
0%
0
0%
In Violet Light
100.00%
1
100.00%
In Between Evolution
0%
0
0%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Least Favourite non-EP, non-Live Hip Album (Again)
#31

Killer Whale Tank Wrote:That's the exercise that leads me to reject M@W while maintaining the IVL is a group of good songs foiled by production.

I see what you're getting at, but thinking of other Hip songs that I think are blue-ribbon cuts but also probably fail this test could include Membership (best cut on PP, IMO), Leave (best cut on IVL, IMO), Thugs (best on DFN, IMO), Fight (one of the best on RA, IMO), and the list goes on. I think a crucial part of what makes the Hip so fuckin' great is the twin-guitar attack and how well it is supported by Sinclair's ferocious bass-playing.

Killer Whale Tank Wrote:'Wild Mountain Honey'---unlistenable IMHO.

It's understandable how true-blue Hip fans can't get into this track, because it is as atypical, in terms of sound and structure, as any Hip song. But I absolutely love that 'big drum' sound, and love to hear Paul, GS, and BB tripling the same lines throughout most of the song. It's raw and it's powerful, and I get off on that shit. But man, how can any rock afficionado not have their ass-kicked by the that droning groove towards the end of the song? I love GD, but sometimes it's just nice when he shuts his yap for a minute in reverence of the rip of guitars....
Reply


Messages In This Thread

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)