Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Oh the irony...
#1

The Golden State Fence Company, one of the firms hired to construct a border fence between the U.S. and Mexico, has agreed to pay $5 million in fines for hiring illegal immigrants.

From: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=6626823">http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... Id=6626823</a><!-- m -->
Reply
#2

Having just spent 2 weeks in Southern California I can attest to just how many Mexicans there are living in the area doing jobs that nobody in their right mind would want to do. I knew that there were "a lot" of them there but I had no idea just how much "a lot" was. It makes you appreciate the diversity that Canada has with their immigration...to a certain extent of course.
Reply
#3

That is a textbook classic case of irony. Big Grin
Reply
#4

robert goulet Wrote:Having just spent 2 weeks in Southern California I can attest to just how many Mexicans there are living in the area doing jobs that nobody in their right mind would want to do. I knew that there were "a lot" of them there but I had no idea just how much "a lot" was. It makes you appreciate the diversity that Canada has with their immigration...to a certain extent of course.

I cant help but wonder how we ever survived before millions of illegal people came to rescue us from all those jobs that nobody in their right mind would do.
Reply
#5

I was going to answer that question, but given that this is the season of peace on earth and goodwill towards men, I won't....
Reply
#6

Gracias Señor Skippy, feliz navidad! No necesito trabajo en el Estados Unidos.
Reply
#7

Here's another one - not as ironic, but interesting, in a sad way...

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.peer.org/news/news_id.php?row_id=801">http://www.peer.org/news/news_id.php?row_id=801</a><!-- m -->
Reply
#8

Quote:“In order to avoid offending religious fundamentalists, our National Park Service is under orders to suspend its belief in geology,” stated PEER Executive Director Jeff Ruch.

...but offending anyone with an ounce of common sense is perfectly okay.
Reply
#9

I am not sure if this is ironic or moronic.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061228/ap_on_re_us/villains_and_heroes_poll_method_1">http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061228/ap_ ... l_method_1</a><!-- m -->
Reply
#10

skippy the wonder dog Wrote:I was going to answer that question, but given that this is the season of peace on earth and goodwill towards men, I won't....

Thats the greatest thing you have ever typed. I'm sure you'll make up for it.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)