Posts: 791
Threads: 140
Joined: Jul 2002
Reputation:
0
I wonder as I sit here, reading all of the show reviews from the past week:
I'll only see the Hip once this summer, next week in Charlottetown, while a bunch of people here have seen them 3, 4 even 5 times in the past-to-next week... is a show more special if it's a one-off, or do you prefer seeing them three nights in a row and still come away with full enjoyment? Does anyone get what I'm asking?
Thoughts...
Rory
Halifax
Posts: 6,734
Threads: 665
Joined: Jun 2002
Reputation:
0
I only have the opportunity to see The Hip once this summer.
(My wife said something about new baby, responsibilty, priorities, blah, blah

)
Artpark was my only one - which was a great show - I did not know what song was coming next, at all.
I would have been pretty happy with just one show (after usually seeing 6-10) - but not after what I witnessed Saturday night - the setlists have been so varied this tour I would love to hit them all.
Last tour - pretty much whatever show you saw - it was the "same".
So even though one show was great - I am now salivating for more.
I should be able to hit at least two in the fall - but damn these setlists are turning out pretty great.
So to answer your question Rory - one show only - that sucks.
"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
Posts: 8,614
Threads: 451
Joined: Sep 2002
Reputation:
0
I've done both. Seen multiple shows on consecutive nights; and just a one-off here and there. I like both, but for different reasons. The one-offs tend to be more of an event with friends, etc. Something that we, as a group, can recall and share memories of.
The consecutive shows tend to be shared between dedicated fans with disposible income... so the memories are much different. This year I'm seeing 9 shows (unless more get announced) and all except for 1 will be with dedicated Hip fans... most of whom I've never met. This year's setlists are really exciting me, and so this year I think (hope) that seeing multiple shows will provide the better experience.
Posts: 7,289
Threads: 811
Joined: Apr 2005
Reputation:
0
I had a random thought the other day too about The Hip.
Another setlist thought!
Would it be cool if The Hip opened up with a slow acoustic song. Just think; a concert where the opener is The New Maybe. At the very end, thunderous drums overpower the outro, and Grace, Too starts. I know that Peter Gabriel starts with Father, Son and Here Comes The Flood at concerts sometimes. Really cool effect with starting with a slow one, if you ask me.
Am I the only one that wouldn't mind seeing this a couple times?
2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston