Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Sam Roberts Coming to Cornwall
#1

Friday, April 28th.



Tickets are $30, and you can only get them at the restaurant bar. I'm going to pick myself up some 10 tickets this afternoon.
Reply
#2

To add to my own post....

Just picked up the tickets.
Reply
#3

Ah Damnit. I was going to go to this, then said I'd go to the Phoenix show the night before instead. Now I'm going to have to go to both.

Cheers,

Pat
Reply
#4

Nothing to say here.
Reply
#5

If you are concerned about the setup I would recommend that you e-mail Sam's manager, Dave Spencer (his info is on Sam's site). Definitely $30 to watch it on TV seems silly.
Reply
#6

Done. E-mail sent. Thanks for the tip. Hopefully I will get a response.

The friends that I've talked to today are most likely going to try and return their tickets. Some think it could turn out to be a dangerous situation. The whole concept still baffles me(not to mention the 10 tickets I bought before learning of the situation)

Will post a response if I get one.
Reply
#7

Dave's usually pretty good at responding to mail. Whether he can do anything about it now or not, I'm not sure.

But I'll tell you right now, he does hate promoters who over sell venues, so who knows really.

Cheers,

Pat
Reply
#8

I got a response.
Reply
#9

There was a posting on the SRB board from the dude who said he was organizing the show. I asked him to clarify the claims you made. Hopefully this gets all sorted out.

Cheers,

Pat
Reply
#10

Cool.
Reply
#11

No prob. He hasn't been on in a little while anyway, since pretty much the show was officially announced.

Cheers,

Pat
Reply
#12

This was posted on the Sam Roberts Band board this morning

Quote:Alright, so I think what is gonna happen is that we are going to drop the number of tickets available to under 300 so everyone has a clear view. Rangatangs was never authorized to sell 600 tickets.

Malajube is going to be the supporting group for this show. I'm hoping that everything is taken care of now, and that we can have a good show with all parties having fun. That's what we're about.

Cheers,

Pat
Reply
#13

Geez, I guess one e-mail CAN make a difference.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)