Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Mark Messier
#16

Welcome to Beer League hockey Mark...you can play on my squad any time. The post-game chicks aren't as hot, but if you look hard enough you can still find a diamond in the rough.

Goulet!!!
Reply
#17

Messier's last great moment came against the Islanders. There was a little skirmish and Messier ended up choking Jason Blake with his own jersey and making him turn blue. When I watched that, I said, "Messier, although you almost ruined the Canucks franchise, I am a fan."
Reply
#18

Messier will go down as the best leader in sports in his generation. This quote from the article posted on TSN.ca, I think, says a lot:

"Oilers head coach Craig MacTavish said Messier's intensity in the dressing room was not always put in the right context. 'The biggest misperception is that Mark would grab guys by the scruff of the neck to toe the line about commitment to the team. But he made every player feel like a winner. And for every player if you're treated like a winner, if you feel like a winner, then you do things indicative of a winner.'"

Congrats on a fabulous career, Mess.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)