Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Sports Scenarios..
#1

1) Its the Super Bowl, 4th Qtr. 3rd and goal, 10 seconds on the clock, down by 3pts. need a TD to win it all....

Who is your QB and who do you want catching the ball? It can be anyone from any era.

2) Stanley Cup finals, game 7, double OT, your team gets a penalty shot..

Who do want taking the penalty shot? It can be anyone from any era. And on the flip-side, your team is the penalized, who do you want in goal?

3) Its the NBA finals game 7 only seconds left need three points to win...

You inbound the ball for one final shot at glory.....but to who?

4) Its the Masters, golf's most prestigious tournament. Your on the 18th green, its a 20 footer for par, you need to make it to win the green jacket..

Who's putting that ball for you?

5) World Series, Game 7 bottom of the 9th, bases loaded, down by 3 runs with 2 outs, you need a grand-slam to take the championship..

Who do you want stepping up to the plate?

*Remember for all of them it can be anyone player from any team from any era. Have fun choosing!

Since sports is such a hot topic lately, I thought a little sports fun was in order, Ill answer in a bit, I have to mull this over big time....

Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Reply
#2

Can only comment on people I've seen in my 20 years...

1) Montana to Rice

2)Lemieux; Hasek

3) I know Jordan wasn't a 3pt shooter, but I'll take him with one shot from anywhere...also would consider Bird

4) Who else? El tigre.

5)Manny Ramirez...dude has 20 career grand slams for a reason.
Reply
#3

1) Johnny Unitas to Jerry Rice

2) Rocket Richard vs. Patrick Roy- the best vs. the best, duh!

3) Larry Bird of course!

4) Bobby Locke-probably the best putter ever!

5) Hank Aaron-755 career HR's! I cant lose!

Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Reply
#4

Stanley: Stevie Y / Belfour

World Series: Kirk fucking Gibson.
Reply
#5

1) Elway to Rice

2) Bobby Orr vs. Patrick Roy

3) Donyell Marshall (just kidding) I'd take Bird

4) The Golden Bear, Jack Nicklaus

5) Joe Carter
Reply
#6

LizardKing51 Wrote:1) Its the Super Bowl, 4th Qtr. 3rd and goal, 10 seconds on the clock, down by 3pts. need a TD to win it all....

Who is your QB and who do you want catching the ball? It can be anyone from any era.

2) Stanley Cup finals, game 7, double OT, your team gets a penalty shot..

Who do want taking the penalty shot? It can be anyone from any era. And on the flip-side, your team is the penalized, who do you want in goal?

3) Its the NBA finals game 7 only seconds left need three points to win...

You inbound the ball for one final shot at glory.....but to who?

4) Its the Masters, golf's most prestigious tournament. Your on the 18th green, its a 20 footer for par, you need to make it to win the green jacket..

Who's putting that ball for you?

5) World Series, Game 7 bottom of the 9th, bases loaded, down by 3 runs with 2 outs, you need a grand-slam to take the championship..

Who do you want stepping up to the plate?

*Remember for all of them it can be anyone player from any team from any era. Have fun choosing!

Since sports is such a hot topic lately, I thought a little sports fun was in order, Ill answer in a bit, I have to mull this over big time....

I'm posting this without reading anyone else's answers... so if I choose the same as someone, no I didn't copy from you! Tongue

1. I'd choose the Joe Montana-Jerry Rice combo. Even though it was John Taylor who made "The Catch", Montana and Rice are the best QB-WR combo. Ever.

2. Geez, tough call. I thought about taking Joe Sakic because he's such a great sniper... but my pick is #66, Mario Lemieux. He just OWNED goalies on breakaways... undressed some of them so bad they are still looking for their jock. :lol: As for the goalie in that situation... I hate the SOB, but Hasek was great in stopping any and all penalty shots and breakaways, so I'd choose him.

3. Michael Jordan. Duh.

4. I'd guess a lot of people would pick Tiger... and he'd be a pretty damn good pick, but I'm gonna go a different way. If it's just the putt we're talking about, then I'd choose Ben Crenshaw, because I remember him being one of the greatest putters of his time.

5. Easy. The only player to win a World Series game by helping his team come from behind to win the game on a home run... Joe Carter!
Reply
#7

1. The 1984 University of Miami Doug Flutie to Gerard Phelan. If they can go 78 yards in 30 seconds, I'm sure they can do 10 in 10 and 2 tries.

2. Gordie Howe takes the shot. Nothing like throwing in a guy who can shoot both right and left to confuse a goalie. Terry Sawchuk is in net. He didn't get over 100 shutouts in the pre-neutral zone trap NHL because he couldn't stop a breakaway.

3. That's a tough call. For this I propose Steve Nash (2004) or Reggie Miller (1998). Simply because at these times, they could both shoot threes and were hard for anyone to cover. If you're only down by one, you gotta just throw it at the net and let Lorenzo Charles (1983) make sure it goes down.

4. This one comes down to Nicklaus vs. Larry Mize. both got it done in the majors, and both fared incredibly well under pressure. If neither of these two could make it, it wasn't going to happen.

5. For this question... a different outlook is necessary. You're down by 3 with 2 outs.... you don't need a grand slam. Any manager worth his weight in dirt would have put pinch runners on all bases. In this case, even a double takes this game to extra innings.

So, I take Babe Ruth. Here's why.
714 Career HR's (2nd all-time)
136 triples (71st all-time)
506 doubles (38th all-time)
on base percentage of .469 (2nd all-time)

this means you've got a hell of a shot of at least tying.... and, ya know, if that's all you do is tie it up, at least you can have him pitch for ya in the tenth.
94W-46L
career 2.28 ERA
opposing .220 batting average.

I don't think there's a player in the majors who can live up to that statistical reasoning.
Reply
#8

1. Marino to Clayton
2. Guy Lafleur/Patrick Roy
3. Michael Jordan
4. Tiger Woods
5. Babe Ruth
Reply
#9

1) Marino to Willie "White Shoes" Johnson

2) The Rocket and Roy...A member at my course was on of Rockets best
friends. We all got signed sticks from him before he died. Mine burnt in a fire we had at the club and to this day the guy says I should tell my insurance company because the thign iwas worth like $5K

3) Larry the Legend...I'm from Boston

4) Jack...1986

5) Fisk...
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)