Posts: 3,827
Threads: 363
Joined: Oct 2002
Reputation:
0
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.milkmanunlimited.com/tunedin.htm">http://www.milkmanunlimited.com/tunedin.htm</a><!-- m -->
as a guy in the biz, i'm excited about satellite radio...it should make conventional radio change their ways, and if not...i'm jumpin to a satellite station...what it boils down to is the crtc has allowed the states to broadcast their stations in canada, while at the same time allowing chum to broadcast as well..
Posts: 1,879
Threads: 16
Joined: Nov 2004
Reputation:
0
Hey opiated... how will the satellite radio stations be different than conventional stations? And how should they be different, in your opinion?
Just curious...
Posts: 1,172
Threads: 49
Joined: Jul 2004
Reputation:
0
I'm not sure there are too many places in Canada where you can turn into the Howard Stern show...Buffalo comes to mind for one... but for any fans of his out there, this won't be news to you, but he'll also be making the switch to Satellite radio in a few months.
I for one can't wait...since I moved to Ottawa I've been without a good morning show (if my cousin heard me say that she'd be pissed as she's the morning girl on BobFM here in Ottawa) I think Howard is one hell of a funny guy...if you don't like boob, fart and low-brow humour, well he may not be your brand of vodka then....but for those of us that do, the leash that has been around his neck on a daily basis will finally be shed, which can only make for great entertainment.
Goulet!!!
Posts: 461
Threads: 46
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
Radio has been absolute shit here in Calgary for as long as I can remember...the main morning man is Gerry Forbes on a terrible rock station that just replays the same Nickelback/Creed/ blendingtogetheroverplayedshite over and over. They also love fart sounds and stealing bits and songs from radio stations all over the States, all the while begging for free food and services from local merchants.
But as bad as they are, there's really no competition anywhere in town, I listened to CFOX out of Vancouver for a while, but don't want to get busted at work for it, so now it's radio till they piss me off(usually about an hr in) then it's MP3s for the rest of the day.
The best radio I ever heard was an old internet site where you could sort genres, and artists from 0-5 on how much you want to hear each. I discovered a lot of music with it, but like all good free things, it disappeared eventually.