Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

live between us
#1

hey just wondering if anybody knew what Gord was saying at the end of nautical disaster on the live between us album
Reply
#2

Middleman2 Wrote:hey just wondering if anybody knew what Gord was saying at the end of nautical disaster on the live between us album


He's actually quoting two different songs. Jane Sibbery's Temple:

"C'mon c'mon
let me into your temple
c'mon c'mon
I want into your temple."

And the Rheostatics' Bad Time to Be Poor:

"It is a bad time to be poor
cause we don't give a shit no more
If you want to go for help, don't look next door
the line's been drawn and staked outside.

Haven't I done enough to burn out?
Haven't I been there to help out?"
Reply
#3

I found this on Lord Brazles site <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.geocities.com/brazle_da_bard/thissite.html">http://www.geocities.com/brazle_da_bard/thissite.html</a><!-- m --> just click on live lyrics and then scroll down to Live Between lyrics: here is what it said the lyrics were for the end of Nautical

Whoo
Whoo

It's you
And that's all I'll ever do
And that's all I'll ever did
That is all what you call I always did
Just what she said
Yeah, that's the one time I fuck up
You go away
And just one time I tripped up
And you go away
Yeah
Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on
Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on
I want into your tem-ple
Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on
Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on
I want into your tem-ple
Oh
Whoo-hoo

And it's a bad time to be poor
Cuz we don't give a shit no more
If you want to help, don't look next store
The stakes are drawn, the line outside
Haven't I done enough to burn out?
Haven't I been there to help out?
Whoo
Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh-oh-oh, oh
Whoo

The Wherewithal
Reply
#4

Middleman2 Wrote:hey just wondering if anybody knew what Gord was saying at the end of nautical disaster on the live between us album
If you're refering(sp?) to the little verse he sings at the end I think it's a Rheostatics song "bad time to be poor" ... 'it is a bad time to be poor, cause we don't give shit to more, if you want help don't look next door...' etc...
Doc

edit ***wow, I took my good 'ol time replying and 2 people submitted the answer before me.... Sorry for repeating.***
Reply
#5

direwolf74 Wrote:Jane Sibbery's Temple:

I've been wondering about those lines since 1997. GD sang those a lot on the Henhouse tour.

Thanks!

Pat
Reply
#6

That version of 'Nautical' is perfect. It's art.

From the "Jodie Foster" intro to the "aw-ah-ah-ha" expressions at the end. It's a masterpiece.
Reply
#7

Stephen Dame Wrote:That version of 'Nautical' is perfect. It's art.

From the "Jodie Foster" intro to the "aw-ah-ah-ha" expressions at the end. It's a masterpiece.

i usually describe all hip shows as more than just concerts, but performance art...it really is art..and that performance is truly a masterpiece..i'm going to listen to it now
Reply
#8

hey thanks a lot guys, you helped me out a lot
Reply
#9

Middleman2 Wrote:hey thanks a lot guys, you helped me out a lot

Just lump us all together and we're one big Rainman on the hip.

:lol:
Reply
#10

im sure i already said this in the 4 posts i've made in the past year, but that version of Nautical is the best version ever!
Reply
#11

EricW Wrote:im sure i already said this in the 4 posts i've made in the past year, but that version of Nautical is the best version ever!

Eric's ALIVE! Smile Where the hell ya been?
Reply
#12

hahahahahahahahaha!

Eris is a lurker. He's afraid of posting I think. Smile
Reply
#13

ShannonW Wrote:hahahahahahahahaha!

Eris is a lurker. He's afraid of posting I think. Smile

that would make alot of sence but mostly i just comment on things i have a slight opinion on
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)