Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Hey Sens fans.....what's Plan B?
#16

The Darkest Canuck Wrote:Ottawa's plan B is to suck and lose all of their games to Montreal.
:thumb: Big Grin

and all their playoff games to Toronto, as usual.. Cry

Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Reply
#17

AHL...



Yann Danis! he'll be backing Theodore up in the not too distant future methinks, he's awesome, and if he keeps playing like he has been lately, the Bulldogs will get in the playoffs. I love the Bulldogs, they have quite a few players that i think have a legit shot at cracking the habs' lineup.
Reply
#18

The Darkest Canuck Wrote:AHL...



Yann Danis! he'll be backing Theodore up in the not too distant future methinks, he's awesome, and if he keeps playing like he has been lately, the Bulldogs will get in the playoffs. I love the Bulldogs, they have quite a few players that i think have a legit shot at cracking the habs' lineup.
Yeah, if the NHL decides to go with replacements, we might have an instant contender, this could be a blessing in disguise. Go Habs!!

Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Reply
#19

prz Wrote:Did you go to St. Mike's?

nope, went to turner fenton s.s. (in brampton)
he went there for one year when he played for the batallion (then he got drafted by the ice dogs)
Reply
#20

On another hockey note (if anyone cares anymore) looks like the NHL and PA are gonna talk again and come up with nothing..<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=117467">http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=117467</a><!-- m -->

YAWN

Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Reply
#21

I've been trying to resist commenting... but I can't. I'm a big Leaf fan, and I hate the Sens with a passion (at least as much as Goulet does, for sure), and signing Hasek was just another of a long list of reasons to Sens-bash. But to hear him say now he will retire if the NHL doesn't get back soon, and with no obvious replacement in sight... well, looks like it could be a long time before the Sens are any good.

BUT... I find it a little difficult to gloat too much... because aren't the Leafs in the same boat potentially with Belfour? He's no spring chicken, and his back is just as wonky as Hasek's groin. This unfortunately seems to me to be an example of the pot calling the kettle black.

I also could not believe Martin's blunder in not playing Spezza more. This guy's a big-time talent, and will be a star for years to come... IF the NHL and the PA get their heads out of their collective a$$es and get a deal done.
Reply
#22

j-monster Wrote:I've been trying to resist commenting... but I can't. I'm a big Leaf fan, and I hate the Sens with a passion (at least as much as Goulet does, for sure), and signing Hasek was just another of a long list of reasons to Sens-bash. But to hear him say now he will retire if the NHL doesn't get back soon, and with no obvious replacement in sight... well, looks like it could be a long time before the Sens are any good.

BUT... I find it a little difficult to gloat too much... because aren't the Leafs in the same boat potentially with Belfour? He's no spring chicken, and his back is just as wonky as Hasek's groin. This unfortunately seems to me to be an example of the pot calling the kettle black.

I also could not believe Martin's blunder in not playing Spezza more. This guy's a big-time talent, and will be a star for years to come... IF the NHL and the PA get their heads out of their collective a$$es and get a deal done.

How astute of you my fellow bud-fan...at least we can take solice in the fact that we've gotten a few good years out of Eddie..and at least we didn't get rid of a perfectly good, relatively young goalie in Lalime...sure sure he didn't win you a playoff series vs. the Leafs but I think he's got plenty of shelf life left in those pads, not like the Czech chump.

And as far as our goaltending situation goes, I think it is time to turn Eddie out to stud. We are already looking at picking up someone new...me thinks it'll be Byron Dafoe or perhaps Khabibulin. I'd prefer the latter, that's just my two cents worth.

Goulet
Reply
#23

If I were T.O. i would go after Andrew Raycroft (former Sudbury Wolve Wink), he's young, tons of potential, and a ton of talent to back it up. Turcot might not be a bad fit either, of course you know the goalie that's #1 on their list is probably Brodeur...thing is I don't think anybody would be crazy enough to part with any of those guys, so their chances of landing in T.O. are slim. If you want though, we'll trade you Huet for draft picks Tongue.
Reply
#24

The Darkest Canuck Wrote:If I were T.O. i would go after Andrew Raycroft (former Sudbury Wolve Wink), he's young, tons of potential, and a ton of talent to back it up. Turcot might not be a bad fit either, of course you know the goalie that's #1 on their list is probably Brodeur...thing is I don't think anybody would be crazy enough to part with any of those guys, so their chances of landing in T.O. are slim. If you want though, we'll trade you Huet for draft picks Tongue.

Boston will never let Raycroft go. Well, at least not anytime soon.

Turco is a B U M. Ever seen him play in the playoffs? WEAK. His regular season numbers are a function of the Stars' system, not his abilities. Hell, the Stars made Roman Turek look good years ago.

Brodeur will never leave Jersey. Hell, he takes less money than he should be getting because he's so content to play there.

I hope the Leafs can find a Kipper-esque hidden gem.
Reply
#25

robert goulet Wrote:How astute of you my fellow bud-fan...at least we can take solice in the fact that we've gotten a few good years out of Eddie..and at least we didn't get rid of a perfectly good, relatively young goalie in Lalime...sure sure he didn't win you a playoff series vs. the Leafs but I think he's got plenty of shelf life left in those pads, not like the Czech chump.

And as far as our goaltending situation goes, I think it is time to turn Eddie out to stud. We are already looking at picking up someone new...me thinks it'll be Byron Dafoe or perhaps Khabibulin. I'd prefer the latter, that's just my two cents worth.

Goulet

Yeah, getting Khabby would be a good deal... can't really see it happening, but who knows?

cferneyh Wrote:I hope the Leafs can find a Kipper-esque hidden gem.

Anyone think Tellqvist is that sort of gem?

Yeah... me neither.
Reply
#26

cferneyh Wrote:
The Darkest Canuck Wrote:If I were T.O. i would go after Andrew Raycroft (former Sudbury Wolve Wink), he's young, tons of potential, and a ton of talent to back it up. Turcot might not be a bad fit either, of course you know the goalie that's #1 on their list is probably Brodeur...thing is I don't think anybody would be crazy enough to part with any of those guys, so their chances of landing in T.O. are slim. If you want though, we'll trade you Huet for draft picks Tongue.

Boston will never let Raycroft go. Well, at least not anytime soon.


.
Boston cant let Raycroft go yet, he has to start playing really well, then his contract has to come up then the Bruins will offer him about 2-3 million less than what he's worth than bam! Gone..its the bruin way. :lol:

Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Reply
#27

j-monster Wrote:Anyone think Tellqvist is that sort of gem?

Yeah... me neither.

Lil' Todd Ford might be. The kid is ripping it up with Pensacola in the ECHL this year. Maybe another 2-3 years away from seeing his debut in the show but he looks a lot more solid than Tellqvist.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)