Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

file conversion a question...
#1

I got an iPod and Im in the process of transferring files from my hard drive to iTunes, and first itunes has to convert the files from wma to aac format before it can be stored to the ipod, so is there a way to make all the windows media audio (wma) files into aac before hand to skip the long step of converting them through itunes? Ive never heard of acc files before so Im not sure if its possible, anybody have any insights here..thanks :thumb:

Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Reply
#2

Your iPod can play:
AAC (16 to 320 Kbps)
Protected AAC (from iTunes Music Store)
MP3 (16 to 320 Kbps)
MP3 VBR
Audible (formats 2, 3, and 4)
Apple Lossless
WAV
AIFF

Can Windows media convert WMA to MP3? If so, do that, and then import all the files to iTunes/iPod - this way you can play the tunes in other applications besides iTunes...

Set the preferences in iTunes/iPod to reflect your want to use MP3, and things should be fine.

The process of converting is going to be time consuming regardless of what software you use, and what format you decide to use.
Reply
#3

chris Wrote:Your iPod should (mine does) play MP3s, AAC, and Apple Lossless files. Can Windows media convert WMA to MP3? If so, do that, and then import all the files to iTunes/iPod.

Set the preferences in iTunes/iPod to reflect your want to use MP3, and things should be fine.

The process of converting is going to be time consuming regardless of what software you use, and what format you decide to use.

Yeah that pretty much confirmed what I was thinking. Its gonna be a while for sure but it'll be worth it, I bought the 6GB and I plan on using every bit of it. Thanks Chris! :thumb:

Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Reply
#4

Oops... you responded while I was editing my first post, but my points still stand, I just added some other formats.
Reply
#5

chris Wrote:Oops... you responded while I was editing my first post, but my points still stand, I just added some other formats.

sorry :oops: :lol: Ive got it rockin now, I got about 300 songs in the pod, Im gonna sit here all nite and try and get as many as I can in. Im ripping the music in mp3's now so its going in quicker, the problem was with the 200 songs already on the hard drive they needed converting. The entire hip catalogue went in first of course, so Im all set. thanks again :thumb:

Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)