Posts: 791
Threads: 140
Joined: Jul 2002
Reputation:
0
Hey folks...
I turn my computer on this morning, and all of a sudden, it is not reading my DVD-RAM device. When I troubleshoot it, it says it can detect the driver, but not hte device itself. I opened the tower up, and everything is still plugged in where it should be. Any thoughts/advice on how to get it working again??
Rory
Halifax
Posts: 917
Threads: 76
Joined: Jun 2002
Reputation:
0
Try removing the device all together from the device manager and restarting the computer and letting it (windows xp?)detect and reinstall the device and drivers by itself.
High
Posts: 791
Threads: 140
Joined: Jul 2002
Reputation:
0
heya Darren... thanks for the reply... I did what you suggested, but I'm still getting the same thing... the computer detected the "new hardware", DVD-RAM and CD-ROM, but it is still not working... any other thoughts?
Rory
Posts: 288
Threads: 24
Joined: Sep 2004
Reputation:
0
Did you purchase and install the dvd drive after you bought your computer? Do you have both dvd and cd drives? Are your jumper settings correct - i.e., master & slave?
Posts: 1,593
Threads: 154
Joined: Jun 2002
Reputation:
0
rory try a system restore to a point that it did work that might help
ron
Posts: 690
Threads: 16
Joined: Aug 2003
Reputation:
0
If the system restore didn't work Rory, you may want to go the drive/PC manufactuer's website and download the latest drivers or any updates they may have. I once had a similar problem and installing the current driver resolved it.
1995-04-07 Toledo | 1996-06-29 Toledo | 1996-11-23 Detroit | 1998-08-22 Toledo | 1999-02-12 Auburn Hills |
1999-05-05 Grand Rapids | 1999-07-31 Clarkston | 1999-12-31 Toronto | 2000-01-01 Toronto |
2000-06-14 Pontiac | 2000-07-15 Clarkston | 2000-12-02 Detroit | 2002-08-31 Clarkston |
2004-09-18 Detroit | 2007-04-12 Detroit | 2009-05-29 Detroit | 2012-11-28 Detroit | 2016-08-08 London | 2016-08-16 Hamilton
Posts: 791
Threads: 140
Joined: Jul 2002
Reputation:
0
You all are great friends!!! I got it up and running, thanks to everyone who replied!! OK, back to burning DVD B&P's!!
Rory
Halifax