Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

In Between Evolution chords from Gord's setlist
#1

I was going through Mountainhip's picture catalogue and came across a photo of Gord Downie's setlist complete with the chords for all of the songs he plays guitar on.
I know I've been waiting to get my hands on these. There are still a few that I'd like to get but for now this will do. I hope you all enjoy.
Goulet!!!
Reply
#2

Where's the pic???
Reply
#3

http://community.webshots.com/photo/1556...0921ZXgsLd
Reply
#4

Confusedhock: That's gotta be the single most coolest thing I've seen in awhile!

Hold on, I'm gonna grab my guitar and see how those play...
Reply
#5

TLB took that picture with my camera,

Thanks Tony.
Reply
#6

Super cool, thanks for sharing!!!
Reply
#7

Anyone else find it weird that Gord has to write down the chords. I know a lot of the songs were knew, but a mediocre guitar player like myself can remember the chords for fireworks without looking. anyone know why he does this, or is this kind of the norm for musicians?
Reply
#8

I'm still trying to figure out why Gord even plays the guitar on stage. Every show I've been at I could never hear it anyway, and he's alot more interesting as a performer when he isnt standing behind the mike with it on. In my opinion, anyway.
Reply
#9

canes67 Wrote:Anyone else find it weird that Gord has to write down the chords. I know a lot of the songs were knew, but a mediocre guitar player like myself can remember the chords for fireworks without looking. anyone know why he does this, or is this kind of the norm for musicians?
He can't remember the lyrics to songs he wrote, and has performed hundreds of times...
Reply
#10

I think a lot of the problems arise when he tries to sing and play at the same time. focusing on playing the right chords often leads to singing the wrong lyrics.

furthur proof that chords are over rated
Reply
#11

ontheverge Wrote:I'm still trying to figure out why Gord even plays the guitar on stage. Every show I've been at I could never hear it anyway, and he's alot more interesting as a performer when he isnt standing behind the mike with it on. In my opinion, anyway.


I agree, especially on a song like new orleans is sinking, Confusedcratch: thats a song where he should be goin crazy :jump . he plays guitar on new orleans is sinking but not on a mellower song like nautical disaster (not implying nautical disaster is a mellow song)
Reply
#12

Well, let's see ... he's been doing NOIS for over 15 years and he's pushing 40. Maybe he doesn't want to go crazy anymore?

I think everyone who complains when Gord picks up the acoustic should try jumping around under those hot lights for 90 minutes, night after night. It might change your perspective. Smile
Reply
#13

Yeah, it's hard work to rant and wig out like Gord does! He's not a spring chicken anymore. He does the acoustic thing enough to catch his wind and save it for the songs when he needs to do what he does. Although I was surprised to see him play guitar for NOIS. Oh well, that's the way it goes!
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)