Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

enhanced c.d.'s
#1

I know this has been discussed in previous threads in the past but they are pretty old. I am thinking about buying the enhanced c.d.'s but from what i have gathered from previous threads you cannot access the video's because the mini sites they are affiliated with no longer exist. Is this the only way to access the video's or are there ways to watch the video's without the non-existent mini sites? I just don't want to waste my money on something that doesn't work. Thanks in advance.
Reply
#2

I reccomend downloading the videos from the FTP. I was really impressed with how they were all put together. I wasn't around for the older threads about whether the mini sites were taken down or not, but I thought if you didn't know about the videos being on the FTP, that might help. (I think it's the 100th Meridian I found them on).
Reply
#3

What I don't undestand is why the enhanced CDs are still so bloody expensive ... there can't be many people buying them to keep the demand up, so I figured that stores like HMV would just be dying to move them out of inventory and the price would come down.

I'm waiting till the price comes down on the TATH enhanced CD so I can replace the cardboard pizza-box piece of crap that the original CD came in [side note: thank Gord the Hip have stopped experimenting with packaging].

But they're always priced at around $22, so screw that.

CT
Reply
#4

i hear ya, i hate that shitty box TATH came in, and if the c.d.'s are useless they should drop in price because basically theres no difference between them and the 9.99 ones put out by MCA. I just wanted to get some feedback as to wether the enhanced cd's worked or not but apparently they dont so i wont waste my money.
Reply
#5

Chris Tanz Wrote:What I don't undestand is why the enhanced CDs are still so bloody expensive ... there can't be many people buying them to keep the demand up, so I figured that stores like HMV would just be dying to move them out of inventory and the price would come down.

I'm waiting till the price comes down on the TATH enhanced CD so I can replace the cardboard pizza-box piece of crap that the original CD came in [side note: thank Gord the Hip have stopped experimenting with packaging].

But they're always priced at around $22, so screw that.

CT
I have all the albums in hard plastic cases, except Phantom Power. Did PP ever get released with a hard case? Its the only one I couldnt find in that casing. For the record I absolutely hate when bands use those stupid cardboard cases. If anyone knows where I can get a PP cd in hard case please tell me!!

Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Reply
#6

C'mon ... you didn't get LBU is a plastic case did you???

LBU is like a little Jenga puzzle of a box with doodads and odd'n'ends of pieces here and there, and it's like finding a prize inside when you can actually get at the CD ... what ridiculous packaging.

Don't know if PP ever came out in hard plastic, but it is less odious than TATH and LBU.

Also don't know if the enhanced CDs work or not, but most older Hip videos (especially non-FC ones) stink anyway, so I've never looked into it. Wouldn't surprise me if the mini-site were required. I think I've seen disclaimers on other CDs that have CD-ROM features that say "if the site goes, the features go too, and we make no committment to maintaining the site indefinitely or at all" or words to that effect.

CT
Reply
#7

I always liked the LBU case.
It reminded me of the old cases that records came in.

And the Henhouse case sucked.
You pick up the case, turn around and all of the sudden see this shiny thing go flying through the air.
Oops, there goes my CD.

"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
Reply
#8

I like the cardboard cases. i kinda wish they would bring them back.
Reply
#9

I like the PP casing because it's simple, you open it like a normal jewel-case and ther'es the CD, mounted just like normal as it would be in a jewel case. I friggin hate the LBU and TATH though because TATH has no mounting for the CD so like Tthip said it can easily fall out, and LBU is too complex. A gatefold, a slipcase, a pocket, a sleeve shell...too complicated, really a pain in the ass.
Reply
#10

and the LBU case doesn't even fit into a cd rack, at least the TATH case fits into a rack
Reply
#11

I just scanned all the LBU cover art and made a hard case version for myself, it fits into my tower and will last forever. The PP case is a good case but I still would sleep better with a hard case version. My TATH case was so worn out it was ready to fall apart, so I found the hard case version at future shop a couple years ago, I couldnt stand it anymore. I have all my original cases but I had to buy UTH and FC again because Ive had them so long and played them so much they started to skip a bit, my Hip cds get more wear and tear than anything else in my collection so it was a given they'd need to be replaced at some point. Fully Completely and Led Zeppelin IV are the oldest cd's in my collection, not in terms of release date, LZIV is the first cd I ever bought, that was back in 1992 then I bought FC just after that. Man it seems so long ago now. Today my music collection is over 400 CD's now, problem now is I dont have time to listen to half of it, but I cant bear to part with any of them.

Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)