Posts: 1
Threads: 1
Joined: Jul 2002
Reputation:
0
The organizers were not expecting that many people. You basically couldn't move inside the grounds. The hip seemed lifeless onstage. Gord forgot lyrics. Average show at best. 7 out of 10.
PS what was up with the drum machine?
Posts: 3,175
Threads: 692
Joined: Jun 2002
Reputation:
0
That does not sound like fun at all....
I know Gord does not like croud surfing at all, maybe the was his own little protest.
Drum machine? You must explain that one.
I need 2 Kingston Tickets, please help.
Posts: 6
Threads: 1
Joined: Jul 2002
Reputation:
0
not a good show at all seemed like they were playing to please the radio friendly audience which is cool - but just wasnt a great show a let down
Posts: 622
Threads: 53
Joined: Aug 2002
Reputation:
0
I disgaree, everybody I've talked to said the show was awesome, and I was there and it was awesome....
Dumb teens were crowd surfing, security did their thing though. The show was awesome..
Posts: 622
Threads: 53
Joined: Aug 2002
Reputation:
0
I don't think I said awesome enough lol.
Posts: 210
Threads: 24
Joined: Oct 2002
Reputation:
0
first of all, yes. the venue was a problem. secondly, yes. the sound wasn't great. thirdly, yes. this was one of the most direct show i've ever heard from the hip. i can see why some were disapointed. thing is.... it was also and incredibly tight show, with a great setlist and a great deal of power. for hip fans who want a more traditional rock show (i don't know any either, but i'm sure they're out there somewhere) this would have been perfect.