Posts: 1,593
Threads: 154
Joined: Jun 2002
Reputation:
0
i just got my new copy of the magazine and the hip are mentioned on page 36 in the section called changes
TOURING: the Tragically Hip launched a Canadian tour November 14th to raise awareness for the environmental group Waterkeeper Alliance
which works to protect North American waters
thought that was cool and should share it will all of you
later
Ron
Posts: 8
Threads: 0
Joined: Nov 2004
Reputation:
0
I'm with Waterkeeper Alliance, and we're travelling across the country with them. They are great supporters of Waterkeeper, especially the Waterkeeper programs we have here in Canada. The press has been great to Waterkeepers and The Hip since the tour started in Vancouver.
It's great to see all the awesome Hip fans respond so well to Waterkeeper Alliance. I have had some great conversations with fans since being out with the Hip. It seems most Hip fans have a great understanding of how important our waterways are to the community. Stop by and chat with us at the Waterkeeper setup; we'll be at every show.
.thom
Posts: 1,623
Threads: 107
Joined: Mar 2004
Reputation:
0
cool swag too...i picked up a tee in saskatoon
7/17/95-Craven
11/18/96-Saskatoon
7/21/97-Saskatoon
9/16/00-Winnipeg
11/24/00-Red Deer
07/14/02-Camrose
9/26/02-Edmonton
9/27/02-Edmonton
8/1/03-Kelowna
6/22/04-Edmonton
11/17/04-Edmonton
11/20/04-Saskatoon
10/28/06-Calgary
1/19/07-Regina
7/18/07-Saskatoon
6/22/08-Calgary
8/4/09-Saskatoon
9/14/09-Edmonton
9/19/09-Banff
7/14/11-Edmonton
1/23/13-Edmonton
7/6/13-Saskatoon
10/10/15-Houston
7/28/16-Edmonton
7/30/16-Edmonton
8/01/16-Calgary
Posts: 3,777
Threads: 62
Joined: May 2004
Reputation:
0
Yeah, I'm planning to pick up a shirt or two when the Hip swing by Nova Scotia. I'm looking forward to seeing the Waterkeeper setup and getting some info. Good stuff! KEEP THOSE WATERS CLEAN!!!!
Posts: 8
Threads: 0
Joined: Nov 2004
Reputation:
0
In some cases we have to keep the waters clean and in others we have to win them back. I don't know why anyone thinks they have the right to pollute the water I drink, the fish that I eat, or the water I swim in. But Waterkeepers hold them accountable for this. We're excited the Hip are on board, and glad Rolling Stone picked up on it.
************************************************