Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Comments from my YouTube page...
#1

This comment was posted to my YouTube page.
I am not sure how valid it is, the reason I believe it is the fact that the person mentioned 1979 - which is won of Downies favorites, and I could see him performing it acoustic solo.

Posted by kapa12:
---One of my favourite songs of all time!(Bobcaygeon) I met Gordon yesterday in Moosonee, Ontario where no one that big EVER comes here. I chatted with him for a good 5 minutes and hes such a real, down to earth guy. It was amazing.

He did a little 4 song set at the local Highschool here. He did a couple of new songs from the Hips upcoming album which was such a treat! & he covered 1979 by the smashing pumpkins and another song i cant recall, but it was such an awesome performance! i was very lucky Smile ---

"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
Reply
#2

what.

the.

fuck.

Big Grin

2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
Reply
#3

Well... I just did a google of "gord downie moosonee" and found a photo set of him fishing:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.bebo.com/PhotoAlbumBig.jsp?MemberId=2769516337&PhotoNbr=1&PhotoAlbumId=7881137773">http://www.bebo.com/PhotoAlbumBig.jsp?M ... 7881137773</a><!-- m -->

[Image: 2769516337a7881289548l.jpg]
[Image: 2769516337a7881387715l.jpg]

So it looks like he was up there, with his guitar... and author Joseph Boyden.
Reply
#4

[Image: 2769516337a7881172672o.jpg]

cabin rule # 3 -- drink the beer first then start in on the whiskey
Reply
#5

That is the coolest picture I have ever seen.
Reply
#6

BEST. WEEKEND. EVER! lol
Reply
#7

laliber Wrote:[Image: 2769516337a7881172672o.jpg]


"I like mustard on my french fried potaters.............mmmmm hmmmmm"
Reply
#8

^^^^^^ hahaha
Reply
#9

cochise Wrote:
laliber Wrote:I like mustard on my french fried potaters.............mmmmm hmmmmm"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That's GOLD!!
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)