Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

seating on the floor
#1

Sorry if this is stated somewhere obvious. But is it seating on the floor at the upcoming Hip shows? Or is it general admission?
Reply
#2

Hip shows in arenas are always floor seating to my knowledge. Everyone Ive been to has been floor seating.

Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Reply
#3

Is there an arena in Canada that still allows general admission on the floor? Some small town arenas might, but I think those days are long gone in the bigger centres for personal safety and liability reasons.
Reply
#4

chris Wrote:Is there an arena in Canada that still allows general admission on the floor? Some small town arenas might, but I think those days are long gone in the bigger centres for personal safety and liability reasons.

FYI

Most of the "younger" rock shows ie. Green Day, Audioslave, Theory of a Deadman, etc etc, at the JLC have been general admmision on the ice rink level.
Reply
#5

Wow! I haven't been to a general admission show at a big arena in many, many years.
Reply
#6

Green Day was in Ottawa,

Wildest general admission I was ever at...............CNE Stadium with SoundGarden Pearl jam and Neil Young...............
Reply
#7

chris Wrote:Is there an arena in Canada that still allows general admission on the floor? Some small town arenas might, but I think those days are long gone in the bigger centres for personal safety and liability reasons.

The Boss had all almost all of the E Street shows be GA floors on the last couple of tours. I think U2 did as well in some sections

Worse situation were those Jack Johnson shows at the Amp, where the entire venue was GA... what a joke.

Cheers,

Pat
Reply
#8

ya i've seen it done at the MTS Centre a few times
Reply
#9

Beastie's at the ACC was Gen Admin on the floors.

I was at those Jack Johnson shows at the Amp and I thought it was awesome. First come, first serve.

When the Foos played the Amp it was Gen Admin on the floor as well. Yet, for Weezer/Pixies, they had chairs set up...

I was at the ACC for Clapton and it had assigned floor seats... but that's not a big surprise given the atmosphere.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)