Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Supersuckers
#1

Any fans of the Supersuckers here?

I caught their show in Calgary last night and they blew me away. They put on a great show full of raw rock'n'roll energy. Hard to describe their sound, it ranges from Punk to Country and everything in between.

Truly a Rock 'n' roll band or as they like to call themselves "The greatest f**kn' Rock 'N Roll band in the world!"

They've still got a couple shows left in Canada before heading back south so if you're in Banff or Nelson go check it out. :thumb:
Reply
#2

No intrest in them last time they were through but, touring with Pearl Jam might open up a few more eyes.

Anyway, I was asked in the PJ thread for where to start with these guys. I've only got 3 of their cds and one of Eddies solo discs so my knowladge is by no means extensive but what I do know is that these guys kick some serious ass.

If you're into the Country side of things at all you'll want to check out "Must've Been High". Great country disc as is Eddies Solo called "Sauce".

The rock n' roll side of things would be well represented by "Motherfuckers be Trippin'" and "The Evil Powers of Rock n' Roll"

Any of their live stuff is great as well. Check out the <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.supersuckers.com">www.supersuckers.com</a><!-- w --> for some free songs and video.

And if you're hitting up The peg show tomorrow make sure you get there in time for the openers.
Reply
#3

They also did an album with Steve Earle (creatively called "Steve Earle & The Supersuckers") which is pretty sweet. Creepy Jackalope Eye is a great track.
Reply
#4

sherpahigh Wrote:No intrest in them last time they were through but, touring with Pearl Jam might open up a few more eyes.

Anyway, I was asked in the PJ thread for where to start with these guys. I've only got 3 of their cds and one of Eddies solo discs so my knowladge is by no means extensive but what I do know is that these guys kick some serious ass.

If you're into the Country side of things at all you'll want to check out "Must've Been High". Great country disc as is Eddies Solo called "Sauce".

The rock n' roll side of things would be well represented by "Motherfuckers be Trippin'" and "The Evil Powers of Rock n' Roll"


Thanks! I was just reading the review of Motherfuckers be Trippin' on allmusic.com, and they gave it 4 1/2 stars out of 5. That site is usually dead-on with their reviews, and combined with your ringing endorsement, I'm thinkin that'll be the first one I pick up.
Reply
#5

cferneyh Wrote:They also did an album with Steve Earle (creatively called "Steve Earle & The Supersuckers") which is pretty sweet. Creepy Jackalope Eye is a great track.


They were also featured as his backing band on the song "NYC" from Earle's 1997 album, El Corazon.
Reply
#6

I saw that show at Mac Hall, it was pretty rockin as I recall, but the year before was better....Me and about 30 other people at the Night Gallery, their regular drummer had to leave so they found a new one in a traffic jam on their way here...played a whole country set, taking requests and playing covers(country Breakin the Law and Ace of Spades were amazing)
Like having the Supersuckers playing in your basement...

On the topic of which Supersuckers CDs to pick up, their foray into country is pretty great, called Must've been High, it's a low voltage version of the band that really works, but for electric, Evil powers of Rock and Roll and Motherfuckers be trippin would be great choices
Reply
#7

I did catch them open tonight at the Wpg show and they were very enjoyable. It took a little bit to get into them at first but by mid-set they were rockin'. I am totally going to check out some if their songs. I really like the song that Eddie came out to sing for in his sparkley silver jacket and wrestling mask Smile Does anyone who was at the show tonight know the name of that song? Or does he sing the same song with the band every show?
**Edit - nevermind...I found the answer to my question in the article I linked in the Pearl Jam thread.**
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)