07-06-2005, 04:12 PM
Does anyone 'round these parts care that Buck 65's new CD 'Secret House Against the World' has been released? Any thoughts or reviews?
tigerthelion Wrote:I think Buck 65 is getting awfully close to being too self indulgent. I chuckled when I read what K-OS said about Black Eyed Peas and Kid Rock having no substance and that Beck was "a musical genius gone insane" or something to that effect. I wouldn't call Buck 65 a genius but I think he's worried too much about sounding different. He seems like he has no musical direction. It's just a bunch of weird sounding music. The guy may be talented but he should try to find some kind of musical identity. It's alright to sound different but there's got to be some musical direction.
Anyway, that's my 2 cents.
cferneyh Wrote:Are you talking about Buck 65 or Beck? I'm confused.
cferneyh Wrote:Are you talking about Buck 65 or Beck? I'm confused.
I was talking about Buck 65 but the same things apply to Beck. I guess I would say the same things about both artists.