07-03-2005, 10:54 PM
SURLEY CRUE
Saturday marked Motley Crue bassist Nikki Sixx’s fourth-year of sobriety from heroin addiction, but he didn’t appear at all happy about that or appearing for the Barrie Live 8 show.
First the media was informed of the band’s strange request that none of them be photographed individually and then Sixx became the spokesman out of attrition, as Vince Neil and Tommy Lee both passed up the opportunity to speak.
When he did speak, Sixx had little to say about the event and when queried if the band lobbied to play Barrie or were asked, Sixx snarled: “Like I said before this was the only show we were asked to play.”
Thanks for coming guys.
Most of you probably have seen this article but I just read it and found it utterly ridiculous. Not the entire article, just the part about Motley Crue. I mean, I wondered why they were even invited in the first place since they don't have an ounce of charity in their bodies. This confirms my beliefs about them. The only show they were asked to play eh? There's a reason for that. It's not a big deal about gettting photographed or not but it's wrong to be bitches about it. They should have just posed for photos like everyone else without bringing their jackass attitudes with them.
Saturday marked Motley Crue bassist Nikki Sixx’s fourth-year of sobriety from heroin addiction, but he didn’t appear at all happy about that or appearing for the Barrie Live 8 show.
First the media was informed of the band’s strange request that none of them be photographed individually and then Sixx became the spokesman out of attrition, as Vince Neil and Tommy Lee both passed up the opportunity to speak.
When he did speak, Sixx had little to say about the event and when queried if the band lobbied to play Barrie or were asked, Sixx snarled: “Like I said before this was the only show we were asked to play.”
Thanks for coming guys.
Most of you probably have seen this article but I just read it and found it utterly ridiculous. Not the entire article, just the part about Motley Crue. I mean, I wondered why they were even invited in the first place since they don't have an ounce of charity in their bodies. This confirms my beliefs about them. The only show they were asked to play eh? There's a reason for that. It's not a big deal about gettting photographed or not but it's wrong to be bitches about it. They should have just posed for photos like everyone else without bringing their jackass attitudes with them.

