Posts: 649
Threads: 40
Joined: Jun 2003
Reputation:
0
Can anyone suggest a good program for burning DVDs? I downloaded Chris' Toronto DVD from the tracker and the program I have now (Sonic - Record Now) is not suitable for this project. Any help would be appreciated. I have a PC with Windows XP.
Thanks. :thumb:
Posts: 1,312
Threads: 61
Joined: Jul 2002
Reputation:
0
I'm fairly new to the whole dvd burning thing as well. I have sonic too but haven't used it for anything yet. I downloaded dvd decrypter and dvd shrink. So far they've done the trick.
I made an ISO file using the files from the toronto dvd and then burned that to dvd using dvd decrypter.
I've heard good things about nero as well but do you have to pay for it?
Also, check out <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.doom9.com">www.doom9.com</a><!-- w --> tons of infor there.
Posts: 649
Threads: 40
Joined: Jun 2003
Reputation:
0
Thanks for the help and suggestions Billy and sherpahigh. Sherpa, I am not very computer savy. What is an ISO file and how do I create one? I will be checking out the link you provided.
:thumb:
Posts: 1,772
Threads: 17
Joined: Sep 2003
Reputation:
0
Hey Hugh,
My DVD Burner came with a software called BHA Software B's Gold 5. If you can get your hands on a copy of this (maybe it came with your burner???) it is pretty easy.
Most software is pretty much the same and if you are downloading torrents, they are all created fairly equal as well.
In most DVD burning software programs, you can do the following:
(1) select the "burn data disk" option when it asks you what type of burn to do so.
(2) when you are allowed to drop the files that you want to burn onto the disk, select the video_ts folder that was created through the torrent. This has ALL the information you will need for the DVD to work (unless there is an audio_ts folder as well - in that case, dump that onto the disk as well)
(3) burn the disk (and verify it as well - always good)
(4) try it in your favourite DVD player. Now this is where you have to be careful: remember that because there are different formats of DVD's (DVD-R, DVD+R, DVDRAM, and so on) that you have to plan which dvd will work in you dvd player. Once you get the hang of it though, pretty easy stuff.
PM me if there is anything I can help you with. (Of course I don't really know if I was much help but now I am rambling....)
AAHHHHHH!
Posts: 1,708
Threads: 100
Joined: Jul 2004
Reputation:
0
An ISO file is simply an image file. You burn the "image" to the DVD.
Posts: 8,614
Threads: 451
Joined: Sep 2002
Reputation:
0
There is all kinds of good info here, with regards to compatibility and how to burn: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.videohelp.com/">http://www.videohelp.com/</a><!-- m -->
Posts: 649
Threads: 40
Joined: Jun 2003
Reputation:
0
Lots of information to digest. I have been reading the info on the links everyone has provided and taking in all the advice. I am preparing to leave for my trip to Halifax to see The Hip and visit with Carolyn's brother and his family. I will be back in a few days to ask more questions after I have returned and tried to experiment a bit.
I really appreciate all the help and everyone's patience.
Posts: 34
Threads: 0
Joined: Oct 2004
Reputation:
0
If you have a mac I would suggest Toast 6. It is super easy to use and it works like a charm. Chris' video was awesome. Thanks for sharing Chris!