Posts: 1,577
Threads: 35
Joined: Sep 2004
Reputation:
0
The Hipbase database comes up blank for May 13, 1996 at the Landmark Theatre ... in the wake of this week's ACC show, I'm trying to go back and see everything I've seen live and I don't have a record of this anywhere. Any help??
Again, the hipbase database comes up blank.
Thanks,
CT
Posts: 791
Threads: 140
Joined: Jul 2002
Reputation:
0
Here is a snippet of a review from my website. I'll put the link at the bottom of this post:
I LOVED THIS SHOW! I had never seen the Hip live until yesterday! They
kick ASS live! My friend Paul, whom I brought with me, had never them
until yesterday, and now he's a fan. Here's a list of what they played by
album:
TATH - Gift Shop (the opener), Coconut Cream, Springtime in Vienna (one
of my favorites!), Ahead by a Century, Flamenco, 700 Ft. Ceiling, Butts
Wigglin', Sherpa, Put it Off
DFN - Grace, Too, Daredevil, Nautical Disaster (another favorite),
Inevitability of Death
FC - At the 100th Meridian, Locked in the Trunk of a Car, Fully
Completely
UTH - New Orleans is Sinking (which led into Sherpa)
They may have played more, but this is what I can remember. I got the new
CD today, and I love it! I don't know why people keep saying it's bad,
when I think it's one of their best! I personally like Gift Shop,
Springtime in Vienna, 700 Ft. Ceiling, Butts Wigglin', and Put it Off.
However all the songs are good.
Chris
---------------------------------------------------------------------
This review is from <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.killerwhaletank.com/rory/051396rev.htm">http://www.killerwhaletank.com/rory/051396rev.htm</a><!-- m -->
Hope it helps...
Rory
Halifax
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.killerwhaletank.com/rory">http://www.killerwhaletank.com/rory</a><!-- m -->
Posts: 1,577
Threads: 35
Joined: Sep 2004
Reputation:
0
Thanks Rory ... I remember the Gordie walking off stage incident quite well ... didn't remember that I had seen Butts and Coconut Cream live though, but I guess 1996 is a long time ago.
mille grazie,
CT
Posts: 254
Threads: 23
Joined: Jul 2002
Reputation:
0
I was there, but I forget! I know I had a great time though! I think!