Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Meta Data for Videos and Photos
#16

Hey all, I have this feature working for YouTube now and will post it on the site for Monday if not sooner.

For those of you that have videos, if you feel like tagging, then grab the tags from the shows by date section in the archives.

I think this feature could be amazing if people participate.

Have a great weekend.

MAv.

Basically, a YouTube icon will show up if there is a video with the TTH_SMT tag for that song, and a thumb as wellas video information and a link to the video - for now. To eventually be replaced by the full video.
Reply
#17

Can we add tags to videos that are allready uploaded by different users?
Or do they have to be videos that I've uploaded?

2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
Reply
#18

sean.bonner Wrote:Can we add tags to videos that are allready uploaded by different users?
Or do they have to be videos that I've uploaded?

Unfortunately, most social media sites only let the user add keywords. About the best I could say, is that you could send a person a message with the TTH_SMT tag and ask them to add it.

It's going to be a bit of a process to make it really great. I am hoping that we can spread the word and that once people see the results as videos get tagged, it will spread on it's own. As well, I'll work out some new methodologies to make it easier, but that's a way off. I'd like to get this off the ground first.

I'm also going to start puling feeds for people doing cover versions - I think that could be fun, as well as pull in some full channels, like hip fans etc.

There will be more Hip videos easily accessible than you can shake a stick at soon.
Reply
#19

Ok, version 1. is now up in the archive, shows, by date.

01/25/2007: Barrie
06/21/2006: Belleville

are examples with video.
Reply
#20

Nice.

How often does thehip.com poll youtube for new tags?

I edited my video for Poets from the Belleville show with the tags:
hipfans.com hipfans TTH_SMT_20060621_1685_11 Poets Phantom Power thehip thetragicallyhip Belleville

Clicking on Poets in the archive it doesn't find the video.

Here's the youtube video: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQsqTWDsVAc">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQsqTWDsVAc</a><!-- m -->
Reply
#21

sean.bonner Wrote:Can we add tags to videos that are allready uploaded by different users?
Or do they have to be videos that I've uploaded?

I have another way for people to add a video from a song. I'll have a basic version of that ready soon.
Reply
#22

chris Wrote:Nice.

How often does thehip.com poll youtube for new tags?

I edited my video for Poets from the Belleville show with the tags:
hipfans.com hipfans TTH_SMT_20060621_1685_11 Poets Phantom Power thehip thetragicallyhip Belleville

Clicking on Poets in the archive it doesn't find the video.

Here's the youtube video: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQsqTWDsVAc">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQsqTWDsVAc</a><!-- m -->

I am currently pulling live. The issue is that it takes YouTube several hours to get the keyword into their system. I checked the entry and it looks fine. I did a YouTube search on the value, and it cannot be found. So, once YouTube gets the value in it's system the video will show up. I'd guestimate up to 8 hours, but I have heard of it taking days, though I think that's a rarity.
Reply
#23

chris Wrote:I edited my video for Poets from the Belleville show with the tags:
hipfans.com hipfans TTH_SMT_20060621_1685_11 Poets Phantom Power thehip thetragicallyhip Belleville

If you go to the archive and select the show - and then click the individual song you have a video for, MAv has a nice tag there prepared for you that you can add anything else you want to it.

"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
Reply
#24

Tthip Wrote:
chris Wrote:I edited my video for Poets from the Belleville show with the tags:
hipfans.com hipfans TTH_SMT_20060621_1685_11 Poets Phantom Power thehip thetragicallyhip Belleville

If you go to the archive and select the show - and then click the individual song you have a video for, MAv has a nice tag there prepared for you that you can add anything else you want to it.

Thanks Dana. As I understand it as long as the TTH_SMT_20060621_1685_11 tag is there it will find the video... and youtube was giving me grief trying to past the entire batch of MAv's tags.
Reply
#25

chris Wrote:
Tthip Wrote:
chris Wrote:I edited my video for Poets from the Belleville show with the tags:
hipfans.com hipfans TTH_SMT_20060621_1685_11 Poets Phantom Power thehip thetragicallyhip Belleville

If you go to the archive and select the show - and then click the individual song you have a video for, MAv has a nice tag there prepared for you that you can add anything else you want to it.

Thanks Dana. As I understand it as long as the TTH_SMT_20060621_1685_11tag is there it will find the video... and youtube was giving me grief trying to past the entire batch of MAv's tags.

Yes, this (TTH_SMT_20060621_1685_11 - or what ever it is for that song or show) is the important tag. Keywords that I am generating still need to be worked on definately. I am thinking of creating a cloud of keywords for each song some how, that users can edit and add to collectively. but I haven't figured that out yet. Smile
Reply
#26

Ok, version 1 is now up and running in the archive by date section.

There are more features to add and more refinements to make, before i promote it to the shows section.

For those that have tagged your videos already, thank you.

For those that have no videos to tag, there is a new feature added. If you know of a video that goes with a song - well, it could be audio (in which case add the keyword liveaudio), you can click on the tag this song link and paste in the entire Youtube link - and the video will also show up.

Ther is no master list of tagged shows at this time but there will be in the future.
Reply
#27

Ok, I have developed version 2.0 but it will take me a day or so to get it to the live site.

I am now going to search Youtube regularly and then update a dataabase so the result will be much faster, though not live from YouTube - I'll update YouTube keywords once or twice a day.

Linked files will be live.

I will be able to provide a list of recently tagged items, who tagged them, the songs and shows that have tags. It will be alot more useful than the live system I have now I think.

Also, I will add a function for Audio only, to sperate these out. So if you would tag you upload with liveaudio, then I can pull that out.

We have 129 contextualised YouTube files already and am looking forward to more.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)