Poll: Which song do you think is the best? - You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Emperor Penguin
51.79%
29
51.79%
At the Hundredth Meridian
28.57%
16
28.57%
Ahead By A Century
19.64%
11
19.64%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Match up : #59
#1

Match-up #59 - Emperor Penguin Vs. At the Hundredth Meridian Vs. Ahead By A Century
Listen to the two songs in the match-up Back to Back, and consider the lyrics of the song. Feel free to post an unbiased analysis of both songs in this thread, but please refrain from cheerleading or making predictions for your favourites.
Reply
#2

Confusedhock: That is all.
Reply
#3

mojo_mattv Wrote:Confusedhock: That is all.
man i agree
Reply
#4

Emperor Penguin....Really? Confusedhock:

I'm not sure I fully understand the love that Hipbase members have for this song.

When Fully Completely came out, I couldn't get enough of Meridian. The lyrics and intensity of the song blew me away.

Same with TATH. I thought ABAC was a perfect first single and is still a favourite of mine.

Emperor Penguin really had to grow on me. There are so many great songs on Phatom Power and EP never really jumped out as a classic. I do like the song but there are still 3 or 4 songs on the album I would rank higher.

I've had the privilege of seeing The Hip perform 13 times. They played ABAC and Meridian twelve times and EP twice. ABAC and Meridian always impressed me live, while EP seemed to fall flat. Gord always sounds like he's rushing the lyrics.

Meridian gets my vote.
Reply
#5

Meridian is good. Penguin is better.

ABAC is Hip Lite.
Reply
#6

The Horrible Esthete Wrote:Meridian is good. Penguin is better.

ABAC is Hip Lite.

:thumb:
Reply
#7

Meridian is a trillion times better live than the others. All three are quality. I'll go with Meridian in this one.
Reply
#8

hmmm

I wonder what I picked....

2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
Reply
#9

sean.bonner Wrote:hmmm

I wonder what I picked....

I'm guessing trumpets, milk and asses.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)