Posts: 183
Threads: 35
Joined: Jul 2002
Reputation:
0
Anyone know what this song sounds like?
It's another new song from Gord and his band but it's on that double disk, peace songs album, not BOTN. Just happened to see it on there.
Posts: 359
Threads: 133
Joined: Sep 2002
Reputation:
0
I tried looking for it on kazaa but no luck.. i did download other versions of it by peter paul and mary and various other artist ... My girlfriends mom has it ill get her to upload it and send it to me sometime soon ..
Posts: 359
Threads: 133
Joined: Sep 2002
Reputation:
0
IF I HAD A HAMMER (The Hammer Song)
words and music by Lee Hays and Pete Seeger
If I had a hammer
I'd hammer in the morning
I'd hammer in the evening
All over this land
I'd hammer out danger
I'd hammer out a warning
I'd hammer out love between my brothers and my sisters
All over this land
If I had a bell
I'd ring it in the morning
I'd ring it in the evening
All over this land
I'd ring out danger
I'd ring out a warning
I'd ring out love between my brothers and my sisters
All over this land
If I had a song
I'd sing it in the morning
I'd sing it in the evening
All over this land
I'd sing out danger
I'd sing out a warning
I'd sing out love between my brothers and my sisters
All over this land
Well I've got a hammer
And I've got a bell
And I've got a song to sing
All over this land
It's the hammer of justice
It's the bell of freedom
It's the song about love between my brothers and my sisters
All over this land
this is the version from the peace Cd
Posts: 1,005
Threads: 73
Joined: Jun 2002
Reputation:
0
I uploaded "If I Had A Hammer" to the fiscaps ftp. The details for the ftp are in the ftp section of the hipbase. Look in the uploads folder to download it. It's quite a catchy tune.
Jamie
Posts: 3,175
Threads: 692
Joined: Jun 2002
Reputation:
0
thehip11 Wrote:I uploaded "If I Had A Hammer" to the fiscaps ftp. The details for the ftp are in the ftp section of the hipbase. Look in the uploads folder to download it. It's quite a catchy tune.
Jamie
Thanks! I am downloading it now.
I need 2 Kingston Tickets, please help.
Posts: 3,827
Threads: 363
Joined: Oct 2002
Reputation:
0
I forgot what a great version of this he does....
Posts: 3,827
Threads: 363
Joined: Oct 2002
Reputation:
0
not a solo disc..a various 2 disc set called Peace Songs put out a couple years back..most of it is shit to be honest with you
Posts: 553
Threads: 113
Joined: Jul 2004
Reputation:
0
that's cause this thread is ancient...
Posts: 686
Threads: 52
Joined: Oct 2006
Reputation:
0
well tigerthelion was nice enough to send me the mp3 via e-mail so i can finally get to hear this song and guess what..... that isn't working either! for some reason the mp3 file just won't open. can someone please let me know where or how i can hear this song without going out and buying the actual CD?
Posts: 193
Threads: 4
Joined: May 2006
Reputation:
0
Just click the link... Should allow you to download and save the file... Atleast it did for me...
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.hipmuseum.com/hammer.mp3">http://www.hipmuseum.com/hammer.mp3</a><!-- m -->
(I just now realized I was a month and a half or so too late lol)