Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Retribution for Regina or Can the Hip learn from the Stones
#1

I don't think this has been discussed anywhere yet...but...The Rolling Stones are coming to Regina!!! Perhaps there aren't alot of Regina people on this board (which would be unfortunate), but for the rest of you out there, this is without a doubt the biggest concert ever for us...and maybe the biggest event ever.
Now about the Hip connection...I may have mentioned this in other posts from years gone by, but Saskatchewan in general (and Regina in particular) have been snubbed all too often by the Hip.
-ARA 1993, they drove right thru the province between shows in Man. and Alta.
-Spring 1995, drove through the province again, skipping us.
-Fall 1996, played Saskatoon, not Regina.
-Fall 2000, played Saskatoon, not Regina.
-Fall 2004, played Saskatoon, not Regina.

So where am I going with this...first comment, I hope the band considers Regina as a destination on new tours...but most importantly, what are the chances that the Hip will be opening for the Stones on any (or all) of their Canadian dates. I guess last year in Moncton set the precedent, so why not hook up again!!!!

JJ
Reply
#2

Is anyone here from Regina...doesn't anyone think The Hip should open for the Stones...does anybody like me...or do I give off bad karma in my posts? :-)

Anways, if anyone cares, I bought four tickets in C4 (ground level), for $165.00 each.

JJ

PS - Perhaps this should be moved to Non T-H Discussion???
Reply
#3

I'm originally for Saskatoon, the precedent actually wasn't Moncton, if thats what you mean, that being the first time the Stones had TTH open for them,they opened for them for a few gigs on their European leg of Voodoo Lounge. and ya its huge to have the Stones in Pile of Bones, and to have the Hip open for them, I'd have to flex the old credit card again. as for The Hip ignoring Regina, Stoon's prawly up a couple gigs:
Halloween gig in 91 i think it was-Stoon.
Stoon-FC tour,not sure if they did Regina,don't think so.
You guys got Craven 95, we'll call that Regina.
Stoon got Henhouse.Regina not.
Stoon ARA 97, Regina not.
Stoon PP, Regina PP
Stoon M@W,Regina not.
Regina IVLX2, Stoon not.(if it means anything they never did a 2 nite stand in Stoon as far as i know.
Stoon IBE,Regina not.
I know UTH/RA days they did Louis and the Bess in Stoon and musta did gigs at the U of R during that time too. so to sum this up:
Stoon 8, Regina 3., maybe there is some snubbery going on Smile

I will not give up. My face is set,my gait is fast,my goal is heaven,my road is narrow,my way is rough,my companions are few,my guide is reliable,my mission is clear. I cannot be bought,compromised,detoured,lured away,turned back,diluted or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice,hesitate in the presence of adversity,negotiate at the table of the enemy,ponder at the pool of popularity,or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I will not give up,shut up or slow down....Blessed Be!
Reply
#4

"Regina is the city that rhymes with fun"...or at least that's what someone from there told me once.
Reply
#5

Regina is full of skaters.... kidding...sort of. I'll be playing 6 shows there in 1 weekend....in 2 weeks...really looking forward to it!
Reply
#6

Try not to get stabbed. Good luck getting all your gear out of the Pawn shop.
Reply
#7

I just got two tix in B6. two tix=$652.30 Confusedhock:

I am really hoping The Hip open for them.
Reply
#8

Summiteer Wrote:I'm originally for Saskatoon, the precedent actually wasn't Moncton, if thats what you mean, that being the first time the Stones had TTH open for them,they opened for them for a few gigs on their European leg of Voodoo Lounge. and ya its huge to have the Stones in Pile of Bones, and to have the Hip open for them, I'd have to flex the old credit card again. as for The Hip ignoring Regina, Stoon's prawly up a couple gigs:
Halloween gig in 91 i think it was-Stoon.
Stoon-FC tour,not sure if they did Regina,don't think so.
You guys got Craven 95, we'll call that Regina.
Stoon got Henhouse.Regina not.
Stoon ARA 97, Regina not.
Stoon PP, Regina PP
Stoon M@W,Regina not.
Regina IVLX2, Stoon not.(if it means anything they never did a 2 nite stand in Stoon as far as i know.
Stoon IBE,Regina not.
I know UTH/RA days they did Louis and the Bess in Stoon and musta did gigs at the U of R during that time too. so to sum this up:
Stoon 8, Regina 3., maybe there is some snubbery going on Smile

Well...either 7-3 or 8-3, so Saskatoon definitely has us beat. They did play 2 or 3 gigs at the Venue (later known as Channel One/State/Distrikt...), and they played at the U of R around the same time as the Bessborough gig...of course I didn't become a diehard until a year later...

But let's look on the positive side...they did play some outdoor gigs this summer, and they in fact came a close as Chicago and Spokane (end sarcasm)...
Reply
#9

bauer Wrote:I just got two tix in B6. two tix=$652.30 Confusedhock:

I am really hoping The Hip open for them.

Hey Bauer, you must have fast fingers, alot of people at Stones.com said they got shut out.

The lunch time news said it sold out in 7 minutes!

Word is 3 Days Grace is opening...I think there's still room for one more...
Reply
#10

the stones have added a 2nd regina show.

7/17/95-Craven
11/18/96-Saskatoon
7/21/97-Saskatoon
9/16/00-Winnipeg
11/24/00-Red Deer
07/14/02-Camrose
9/26/02-Edmonton
9/27/02-Edmonton
8/1/03-Kelowna
6/22/04-Edmonton
11/17/04-Edmonton
11/20/04-Saskatoon
10/28/06-Calgary
1/19/07-Regina
7/18/07-Saskatoon
6/22/08-Calgary
8/4/09-Saskatoon
9/14/09-Edmonton
9/19/09-Banff
7/14/11-Edmonton
1/23/13-Edmonton
7/6/13-Saskatoon
10/10/15-Houston
7/28/16-Edmonton
7/30/16-Edmonton
8/01/16-Calgary
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)