Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

I'm sure it'll be great...
#1

...BUT I gotta say, this is one of the worst band names! Blech. But I'm sure the tunes will be great. :thumb:
Reply
#2

I thought I was the only one who thought that. Oh well, there have been great bands with worse names.
Reply
#3

anyone else think the apostrophe is in the wrong place?

Shouldn't it be either Strippers' Union or Strippers Union. Unless there's only one stripper in the union.

Whatever. I guess I should go buy it, eh?

ct
Reply
#4

Should be Strippers Onion
Reply
#5

Yeah, you're right. My hidden copy editor side says it should be Strippers' Union, because it is a union of strippers, and we make a plural possessive by adding the apostrophe after the "s."

As it stands, it is the union of one stripper, which of course is not really a union at all, because if we want to get picky, you can't have a "union" of less than two persons.

But I wasn't going to bring it up, because, well, I like to try to hide the fact that I'm a geek....
Reply
#6

skippy the wonder dog Wrote:But I wasn't going to bring it up, because, well, I like to try to hide the fact that I'm a geek....

say it loud; say it proud. People've been getting away with misuse of the possessive for far too long. Throwing apostrophes into words where the don't belong like a bunch of crazy apostrophizing fools.

Unless they meant Stripper is Union, which, you know, also makes a whole bucket of sense.

ct
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)